Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The water in the thermostat housing sensor connector fixed my coil blow out. Been running great!
Was the water from the sensor leaking? What did you do to the connector- clean it up? How long was your coil lasting before it would blow and how long has it been since you repaired the coolant Connector problem? Thanks for the info Blue

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I found something very interesting while tracing the wiring harness. Pretty sure I have found the short, I traced the light blue wire that's pinned on the computer right beside the coil pin, and I have found water inside the thermostat sensor.
Hey Blue, you’re saying that a light blue wire next to a coil wire at the computer connector ( for what # coil ). Also you are saying that sensor is on the passenger side of the car on the thermostat housing. Is that correct?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ok. New update. I’m back looking at the coil. I checked my ohms on the ground- ok. I checked all the coil wires to see if I had short to power. 2,3,4 had around .024 volts. The #1 ( D pin , blue with Violet color wire ) had .130 volts and was Changing/dropping. After disconnecting the battery. I pulled the computer connector ( the middle one ) again. This time I found moisture around the #1 pin for #1 coil ( Blue with violet color wire ). However I did see some more around pin #14 a light blue wire. As Blueblurr had said the he had a wet connector plug on the sensor on the thermostat housing ( which is called engine coolant thermostat heater) and this is the same wire. Believe it or not, over time the coolant is getting pushed through the wire all the way to the computer connector. Not sure if I can buy just the heater or have to buy the whole thermostat housing Assembly. As I changed it out once already sometime ago. It comes with the thermostat sensor and gasket. Tomorrow I will also be cutting the wire from the sensor to the computer and soldering in a new wire because the new wire could be getting corroded and will give me problems later on as well or even have moisture in it that will get back to the computer and give me problems again. I will also clean the sensor connector as well as cleaning and drying out the computer connector. Looking at the pins on the computer they look to be OK. After that I will install Another new coil and hope for the best. Sorry so long but try to give as much detail to help everybody out. Hope it works. I’ll keep you updated as things go along any questions don’t hesitate to ask. I appreciate the help you guys been.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
How did you check the ground? "Method"
You go from pin B ( black wire) on the coil connector to your negative post a new battery. You check for ohms. They say you should have no more then 10 ohms that to me.( it might be missed type? ). I had .2 ohms

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes its ththe thermostat housing on the passenger side, I had burn Mark's on computer pins as well, for ththe time being Ijust unplugged the connector at the thermostat for now been 3 days and it's runninglike a champ

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Daughter car is doing the same thing done put 7 coils on it and burned all of them up and even bought a new ECM replaced it and flashed it and still doing the same thing any help would greatly appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Today I took the computer connector apart. I found corrosion on number one pin for the #1 coil and #2 pin for #1 injector. Power was back feeding from the second pin to the first pin. Cleaned up all the pens in the connector and put back together. I clean the connector up for the center inside the thermostat housing. Then replace the light blue wire between the thermostat sensor and the computer connector. Replace the thermostat housing assembly with the sensor. Re-check my test and it all came out good I only had .015 volts. - all good. Put dielectric grease on all the connectors. Running good today will update after a couple days of running.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Today I took the computer connector apart. I found corrosion on number one pin for the #1 coil and #2 pin for #1 injector. Power was back feeding from the second pin to the first pin. Cleaned up all the pens in the connector and put back together. I clean the connector up for the center inside the thermostat housing. Then replace the light blue wire between the thermostat sensor and the computer connector. Replace the thermostat housing assembly with the sensor. Re-check my test and it all came out good I only had .015 volts. - all good. Put dielectric grease on all the connectors. Running good today will update after a couple days of running.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update on my daughters car after your recommendation we checked the thermostat sensor plug it had antifreeze in it so we replace the Complete thermostat housing And sensor And a new coil on it fired it up and let it sit and run for 45 minutes with no problems thought we had it fixed when We went to test drive it ,it quit and blow the number nine fuse it didn’t burn the coil this time but it continue to blow the #9 fuse every time we replace it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Update on my daughters car after your recommendation we checked the thermostat sensor plug it had antifreeze in it so we replace the Complete thermostat housing And sensor And a new coil on it fired it up and let it sit and run for 45 minutes with no problems thought we had it fixed when We went to test drive it ,it quit and blow the number nine fuse it didn’t burn the coil this time but it continue to blow the #9 fuse every time we replace it
Hey Shelby. If you look back on all my posts. You will see that the #9 fuse gives power to all of the injectors and power to the coil pack. Try unplugging the coil pack. Replace the fuse and turn the key on. I bet that the fuse doesn’t blow. If not, go back and read all of my posts. I ran the car today and so far the coil lasting longer then it has been. Please let me know what happens with it unplug

·
Registered
30 Posts
What circuit does the number nine fuse go too

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What circuit does the number nine fuse go too
As best I can tell, F9 is supplied by the ignition relay. It supplies the four injectors and the ignition coil module. I don't see it going anywhere else.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
216,000 mi , Change outlet 4 times intake manifold once, valve cover two times, water pump one time, timing cover gasket one time. Radiator one time. Better to remove front/ bumper to get to a/c condenser,inter-cooler, radiator. They come out as one piece from bottom of car. Change all hoses and expansion tank. Vehicle is running great

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the exact same problem on my sons 2011! after replacing the fuse and coil it started and was running rough and then heard a loud pop! I'm guessing that was the coil blowing out. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I know what to do now to fix it. Thanks for being so detailed on where to look fellas

·
Registered
30 Posts
You go from pin B ( black wire) on the coil connector to your negative post a new battery. You check for ohms. They say you should have no more then 10 ohms that to me.( it might be missed type? ). I had .2 ohms
I would replace the whole thermostat housing and put in new sensor. Apparently the antifreeze has wicked into the wire. I have heard of this wicken action on other vehicles . Change the wire out also. Thanks for the update

41 - 60 of 60 Posts