Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my names Justin. I have a 2012 LT cruze 1.4L turbo sedan. I recently put on an aem cold air intake. Now my check engine light is on and it shifts and accelerates funny. The rpms rev way high and the car almost boggs down. I did the battery cable thing and i replaced the mfa sensor thinking i may have damaged it. Reading up on some things i discovered some cruze's have a secondary air pump, which somehow effects putting on a cai? Does anyone know a way around this or a solution? This was my firstnof a few mods to get some decent hp outa this car but im stuck until i can figure this out. Help please.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
When I installed an intake mine did the exact same thing, car was barely driveable and didn't shift properly...everyone blamed a poorly made cheap CAI (which it was) but clearly that's not the case if you're having the same issue.

I also had a CEL after a day of driving around. No one has been able to enlighten me on the "secondary air pump" but I did also hear that that supposedly causes issues.

Sorry I couldn't help, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts