Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a cold air intake on my 2014 RS, I'm taking the cheap easy way out and making an auto zone ( for the mean time) cold air intake lol, I had to make my MAF sensor hole a little bigger for it to fit. Once fitted my car starts right up doesn't bog out or anything, but for some reason I have no power or boost what so ever I'm stumped on why this could be, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
have you checked that your not leaching unmetered air into the pipes? untill you get a real cold air intake i wuld go back to stock. why do a hack and tap system when in a month or so you will have a pro built one

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
You can't just throw the MAF into something it wasn't built for. This is what is happening.

The MAF only measures the airflow at one point inside the pipe, not the entire pipe. The MAF sensor takes its measurement as a voltage which is then sent to the computer. The computer then uses an internal conversion made specifically for that pipe diameter to turn the voltage into something useful, grams/second.

So what is happening is because you increased the diameter of the pipe, the ECU thinks there is much less air flow than there really is. This will make it cut fuel so as to prevent unburnt fuel (smoke). In reality, the engine is just burning super lean.

Here's what you can do.

1. Use the stock MAF housing (easy).
2. Tune the MAF to the new diameter (not easy).
3. Chip the MAF sensor (not easy, and don't do this).
4. Run without a MAF (needs tuning, not easy).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts