Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hallo everyone
is somebody able to show me where to locate my color code ?
i have a 2012 chevy cruze
Thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
hallo everyone
is somebody able to show me where to locate my color code ?
i have a 2012 chevy cruze
Thanks
The RPO sticker is in the glove box (IIRC) and contains the color codes. That info is supposed to be the bottom row of text, but, as seen n the example upper right, sometimes GM doesn't follow their own standards <stumped>

Regardless, the color info is also included in the table of 3-letter codes. So, worst case, post a pic of your RPO sticker and I'll look up the color codes for you.

Doug

rpo_guide.png

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir doug for responding
but i couldnt locate this sticker in my glove box .. is here any other location where to look up ?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
thank you sir doug for responding
but i couldnt locate this sticker in my glove box .. is here any other location where to look up ?
Are you sure they're not on the inside of the glove box door?

Otherwise, look in the trunk, either on the right shock tower (pull back the carpeting) or inside the spare tire well.

Doug

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
as you can see.my glove box contain no sticker1
Well, that makes things more difficult :)

Decoding your win, I get the results below. Your car is made in Korea. Perhaps they put the sticker in a different location. Or perhaps it got removed - did you purchase the car new?

KL1PM5CR4AK729125​
K = Korea​
L = GM, Korea​
1 = Chevrolet passenger car​
PM = Chevrolet Cruze LT (Korean built)​
5 = sedan, 4-door, notchback​
C = active manual belts, airbag driver and passenger – front (1st row)​
R = LLW = 4 cyl, 2.0L, turbo diesel engine​
4 = check digit​
A = model year (C=2012, not sure what A means, 2010?)​
K = plant location, B=Bupyeong, C=Changwon, K?= Korea?​
729125 = sequence number​

Did you look elsewhere in the car? In the trunk where I mentioned?

Otherwise, without the RPO codes, the next place to look for the color would be on the original paperwork that came with the car. I know, in the US, we can also submit the VIN to GM, and they can look up info such as the color(s).

If you find the sticker, please post back.

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats true..
ill do my best to check again. thank you so much sir

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i finally found it
its a GCW
<snip pic>
Excellent!

Here's what I have for the RPO GCW:
GGW = PRIMARY COLOR– EXTERIOR, DK LABRYINTH MET 707S (62U)​

Would you say your car is light blue? Or dark grey?

Googling "GM color GCW" took me to this:

As a cross check, googling "GM color 707S" gets hits for "Dark Labyrinth Gray", and took me to this:

Which of these would you say is closer to yours?

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mr doug im really confused
as you can see in this photo the color is pretty closer to light blue.
  1. what do you think sir ?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
mr doug im really confused
as you can see in this photo the color is pretty closer to light blue.
  1. what do you think sir ?
<snip pic>
Now I'm really stumped. That looks darker than the blue, but much lighter than the gray. Googling "GM color 62U" (from the RPO decode above) leads me to this below, which seems closer to your pic than either of the other two colors. Note that it's for a 2006 Silverado, not a 2012 Cruze.

Would you say this is close? Note that 62U is listed with 916K, not 707S.

On a different tack, what are you hoping to accomplish? Are you trying to order a can of matching paint? Or something else?
Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
  1. i had an accident a couple of days ago.. and i want to re-paint the front... so i need the same color to the body.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i had an accident a couple of days ago.. and i want to re-paint the front... so i need the same color to the body.
<snip pic>
Okay, so you need to order paint. In your pics, the lighting is bad. A pic in daylight, with no headlights or flashbulbs might be more re-assuring that 62U/dark blue metallic is the correct color.

That said, do you have a paint store that sells automotive paints? Paint shops sometimes offer automotive paints, and some paint shops specialize in automotive. Some car dealers can get you matching paint as well.

The key is to take your car, and the info you have - paint code GCW and your vin# - and let the paint vendor do the work of ensuring the paint matches.

HTH.

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found this post which shows some other common locations for the RPO sticker (ie, Service Parts ID sticker).
Doug
It is crazy to have four different shades for the same RPO label, trying to obtain paint from a Autobody distributor was a pain, I would have to take the car in and they would manually match it.
Fortunately My son-in-law works in a body shop, and brought some swatches over and mixed up enough for the touch up.
He said this is the only way they can do it for a in-shop repair.
T.W.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is crazy to have four different shades for the same RPO label, trying to obtain paint from a Autobody distributor was a pain, I would have to take the car in and they would manually match it.
Fortunately My son-in-law works in a body shop, and brought some swatches over and mixed up enough for the touch up.
He said this is the only way they can do it for a in-shop repair.
T.W.
yes its the same here
i compared the paint manually with my cars color.....it looks fine but not a 100%

1 - 17 of 17 Posts