Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I recently purchased a 2012 lt1 red hatchback and I'm trying to find the sticker with the color code on it. I've looked in the glove box, I've looked in the spare tyre well, don't have a spare tyre cover as mine only came with an inflation kit, so not there. Anywhere else it could be?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
There should be a decal on the inside of the glove box door.
Top of the decal has your vin#
Then it has several rows of three letter codes (these reference what components are installed)

At the bottom of the label there is......BC/CC and then a number and letter.

BC is Base Coat....CC is Clear Coat......number/letter is the code.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Living in Europe, that's easier said than done. Unfortunately the codes not in the glove box. Might just have to guess.
Let me have the first three characters of your vin#.

Once I determine where it was assembled I may be able to find out where the tag is.

Rob

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I second the door location

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the vin KL1JF68E9CK710061 there is a tag in the door but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Here is the vin KL1JF68E9CK710061 there is a tag in the door but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Per the vin#: This is a 2012 Cruze Hatchback of Korean manufacture. Color given is Red. Recently purchassed as a used car. Appears to have been a company car for more than one company.

Anyways, the Korean units usually have the SPID label attached to a door frame.....frequently the right side if you were sitting in the car looking forward.

The paint code should be preceeded by the BC/CC mentioned earlier..........as said earlier.....all I can get is 'Red'.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts