Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need some helping deciding on what color theme to do with my car.it’s a 2014 Chevy Cruz with the 1.8. Its black with the front and back chrome delete and logos are also blacked out. Some people were telling me to do a accent color but I’m not sure what would look good. Planning on getting wheels so I need a good accent color choice to go with wheels. Haven’t decided on a wheel color yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
So I need some helping deciding on what color theme to do with my car.it’s a 2014 Chevy Cruz with the 1.8. Its black with the front and back chrome delete and logos are also blacked out. Some people were telling me to do a accent color but I’m not sure what would look good. Planning on getting wheels so I need a good accent color choice to go with wheels. Haven’t decided on a wheel color yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Pictures?

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
I'd be extremely leery about tinting the headlights - however, you can go with a black bucket projector and that will effectively black those out without destroying light output. If you go further and do your own retrofit, you can black out everything inside, including the projector shroud.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd be extremely leery about tinting the headlights - however, you can go with a black bucket projector and that will effectively black those out without destroying light output. If you go further and do your own retrofit, you can black out everything inside, including the projector shroud.
The tint I got is made for headlights. Will that still affect light output?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
Absolutely. Unless you plan never to drive at night, please, do not tint your headlights.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What would be a good accent color for my car?
Honestly that all comes down to personal preference, luckily with a blacked out car nearly any color would work very well. With mine I just couldn't imagine anything but blue, it started with the interior under glow and then moved to behind the grill and then because of the lights I extended the blue to become an accent color, which I do still plan to do my rims I just haven't decided exactly how I want them.

But again with yours you could go pretty much any color. I could see it being a dark red or green, or even gold

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly that all comes down to personal preference, luckily with a blacked out car nearly any color would work very well. With mine I just couldn't imagine anything but blue, it started with the interior under glow and then moved to behind the grill and then because of the lights I extended the blue to become an accent color, which I do still plan to do my rims I just haven't decided exactly how I want them.

But again with yours you could go pretty much any color. I could see it being a dark red or green, or even gold
If I do a red accent color what all do I Paint in red to make it look good?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I do a red accent color what all do I Paint in red to make it look good?
I'm not 100% certain on yours what I would do other than the outline on your emblem. With mine I have the fog light bezels which were already chrome so it was an easy decision to change that, but yours is pretty clean with not a lot of accessory options to paint unless you were to do some pin stripes down the sides or take your cover where the fog lights would go and just do the outer and lower edges of them by masking the rest off. But again it's all personal preference

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not 100% certain on yours what I would do other than the outline on your emblem. With mine I have the fog light bezels which were already chrome so it was an easy decision to change that, but yours is pretty clean with not a lot of accessory options to paint unless you were to do some pin stripes down the sides or take your cover where the fog lights would go and just do the outer and lower edges of them by masking the rest off. But again it's all personal preference
What color choice for wheels would make it not look stupid obviously not black because that’s too much black.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't say obviously not black, if you go with matte black that would look good, matte against the gloss of the body is a nice contrast, but you could even go with something like a gun metal grey or the shadow grey metallic from the camaro

·
Registered
165 Posts
You could do your own pinstripes in your favorite color. And if the only reason you're changing wheels is looks, you could go instead with colored rim protectors on your current rims. I think amateur black or gray would look really good on your car for a subtle accent. Or bright yellow, either way. I did this on my cruze and I'm really happy with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts