Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
YAY, I will have to get another motor mount and this rear trans mount. I had the engine mount, but sold it due to needing money. But now that you have the two, I'll be sure to buy both. Had TTR mounts on my Cobalt and loved it.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
Had TTR mounts on my Cobalt and loved it.
This.

Been running the TTR engine mount on my Cobalt since 2010, and the poly trans mount inserts since 2011. Excellent quality.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Fill me in...the purpose of this?
It's a stiffer mount - reducing engine/trans movement under load and thus, it reduces the potential for wheelhop.

·
Registered
687 Posts
It's a stiffer mount - reducing engine/trans movement under load and thus, it reduces the potential for wheelhop.
Sorry, but in a 140hp car, there is no wheel hop. IMO, all this does is give Chevy a reason to deny a claim warranty when it suits them. Plus wheel hop is a concern with RWD, hence the reason for Lakewood Traction Bars.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Very false, I have a Cruze and get wheel hop all the time without mounts. Plus you get much better throttle response to the wheels, as the motor does physically move and wined up.

you may not be pushing your car as much as others? Those who are performance inspired get these mounts.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Very false, I have a Cruze and get wheel hop all the time without mounts. Plus you get much better throttle response to the wheels, as the motor does physically move and wined up.

you may not be pushing your car as much as others? Those who are performance inspired get these mounts.
You're right. I don't push it beyond what it can do. When I want to push it, I pull my 73 Mustang out of the garage and push that...just a little to go crusin.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts

Absolutely.

Wheel hop isn't just a RWD thing. It's generally even more prevalent in FWD cars, actually, since you have an engine that is rolling forwards and backwards - and by doing so, that directly affects the axles.

My friend had a Caliber (base model, and completely stock) and that had some of the worst wheel hop I've ever experienced, in any car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My old 2.4 Cobalt manual wheel hopped horrendously in the wet. My Cruze (RS with 225 tires) manual in the wet doesn't hop at all.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Cruze doesn't have nearly as much wheel hop as the Cobalt did. But it is still there. These will get power to the ground more effectively.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts