Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everything but headlights replaced with LEDs.
The turn signals do hyperflash, but its not a big deal because the DIC alert only shows up at 10 MPH or less, which is fine because youre not really worrying about your speed below 10 MPH... however, the emergency flasher does not hyperflash.
None of the lights cause any other issues such as no cruise control.

Day Exterior:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet
←Headlights w/ Turn Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior
←Front Marker Land vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
←Rear Marker Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light
←Taillight w/ Turn Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light
←Taillight w/ Reverse
Brake Lights are brighter, but I dont have anyone to hold the pedal so I had to turn on headlight mode.
Will take less blurry pics later, had to take these in a hurry.

Night Exterior:
Coming soon

Night Interior:
Coming soon

Footwell Lighting:
Blue Light Lighting Violet Purple
←Night Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Steering wheel
←Day Blue Light Automotive lighting Cobalt blue Lighting
←Driver Seat Blue Light Lighting Technology Electric blue
←Passenger Seat Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Bumper
←Driver Footwell Blue Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Lighting
←Passenger Footwell

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it would and that is exactly the problem. but im not going to do it because it doesnt bother me enough for me to care about it.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Yeah adding resistors will cure the problem of hyper flashing. Obviously, you would have to install a resistor for each turn signal bulb lol. IDK if your concerned with hyper flashing or not...it will just look better if you install them so they dont do that. I installed all 4 of my resistors in under 20 minutes. Easy peezy lol. if you add resistors and arent sure how to, i got a how to video for you that ill link into yout thread for your viewing pleasure =]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like i said hyperflashing doesnt bother me and it doesnt cause any issues, so if the car doesnt care why should i? :p

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
True lol. I converted all mine to LED and i got annoyed rather quickly when they hyper flashed...so i did the obvious haha. My buddy told me i had a 50/50 chance they would...but he didnt think so since it was a brand new car. He was wrong. As soon as i installed those last 4 bulbs, everything went hay wire when i turned my flashers on. I was like...oh **** no, you are not going to hyper flash on me hahaha

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha yeah i thought about it at first but i said "let me see what happens before i spend more money and void my warranty" and lo and behold i couldnt care less about it and only spend around $70 in the process. drives my dad crazy when he rides with me though (still not a good enough reason).

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Yea i could see that lol. Did you do ALL of your lights LED? (Exterior and Interior)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
everything but the headlights
map lights, dome light, trunk light, plate lights, front and back side markers, front and back turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, and night time rear markers

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
everything but the headlights
map lights, dome light, trunk light, plate lights, front and back side markers, front and back turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, and night time rear markers
So you got pretty much the whole car still stock lol. Mod that thing up hahaha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,226 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
I looked at your sig and noticed you have the LED foot well lighting. I tried doing this to mine not to long ago and I couldn't pull it off. I had all the lights wired up and it the way I wanted it but they didn't work. I was so pissed I spent 3 hours wiring it all up and organizing it the way I wanted it to be and they ended up not working lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i have a 4 bar model, one bar under the steering column, one under the glove box, and one each under the front seats pointing forwards so the front and back of my feet get illuminated and it looks really cool. i hid the control box inside the removable part of the center console and ran the cable mostly under the console and stuffed underneath the trim.
took a good hour or more to get it just right and hidden perfectly but i am super satisfied with how it looks.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
You will have to take some pics of those lit up when you take some more to upload here. Also...might I suggest you make a build thread on here in the cruze owner projects section that way you can keep adding pics to it everytime you do a mod =]. I did one and thought its quite fun to keep adding and showing other members on here what you been up to. Feel free to check mine out if you would like.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sure no prob.
i already did a bunch of mods and never took any pics so i dont think ill make a build thread. maybe if my car gets totaled and i have to start over lol.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Oh that don't matter lol. I had stuff done on mine already but I went back and took pics of what I currently had and uploaded them to make a build thread. The point is...we all love pics here of one anothers cruze. It doesn't matter how long its been since you did mods, we just want to see them from the past/present, and future lol.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
hahaha. In fact, the more pictures a member posts the more exciting it is. Atleast that's how I look at it =]. I had two cruzes so far. My first one was a 2012 LT 6AT...Blue topaz metallic with jet black cloth interior. I loved that car. I sure as **** miss the color. Now I have a 2012 eco 6MT space blue metallic. I love this one a lot too don't get me wrong....but there was something about that blue topaz metallic I really loved. Maybe it was how it shined up? The shade of blue? Idk...something about that blue always caught my eye and I couldn't ever put my finger on it. So if you did the honors of taking pics, it would bring back some great memories.=]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.