Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was watching a youtube video of a guy remove just that one duct under the airbox and called it done. at first i thought that was all there was to it but i seen a comment to the video:

I attempted this today and realized you also have to remove the resonator box underneath that sleeve you pull out in the video. Just remove some push pins and a couple T20 screws from the inner fender and you can pull the box out that way. It really opens up the area and unrestricts air flow into the box.

is this true? the intake will draw more air with this done?
has anyone done this? some pics of the process would be very much appreciated!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,423 Posts
I am not sure, but post a link to the video. I am not a big fan of CAI's though as there does not seem to be much information backed up by dyno results. It seems to me that once you remove the air box, all you get is hot air from the engine bay. I was looking at the WS6 style hoods that basically ram the air into the intake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure, but post a link to the video. I am not a big fan of CAI's though as there does not seem to be much information backed up by dyno results. It seems to me that once you remove the air box, all you get is hot air from the engine bay. I was looking at the WS6 style hoods that basically ram the air into the intake.

Here is that video

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,718 Posts
I hadnt seen that, thanks.
He doesnt mention removing that other plastic piece, the resonator so i assume that doesnt need to be done?
I removed mine fully, but you can simply just disconnect it.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,423 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts