Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one no what fuses/relays I need to pull to disable the ignition system and fuel pump to do a compression test on my car? 2012 eco

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
your going to have the coil off and all plugs out just unplug the injector harness.Or i would not even bother. you should see around 200 psi from each cyl. at least i do on my gauge.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah I was around 210 in 3 of them and than 150 and 180 in the last one. So I suspect either a cracked piston or a stick ring. It's going to go in next week.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
We use a scope along with compression and leak down test.I would tend to think a piston problem.But you never know could be valves to.A leak down test would pin that down.A broken ring land most likey could be seen with the scope to

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I feel like this has been an on going issue that has never been solved. When I brought my car in last year for an odd noise they told me I was down a quart of oil and that I had nothing to worry about. Once I went catless I started to notice the smoke. I've also had oil residue on my charge pipes that even when I clean them it comes back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts