Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while in Miami I had to do some emergency stops since its Miami and drivers suck. now I did a stop from 30 mph with foot down to the floor, I let off some 25% brake input and to my surprise the pedal stayed down on the floor and the car kept stopping without me giving the command...has this happened to anyone else? I doubt my ctd is the reincarnation of nightrider. from my days in autocross and the track I only apply as much force as is needed so I can allow a small % to turning if needed

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
My Cadillac has that assisted brake program and I'm glad it does.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Something I posted on a buddy's blog:

My DTS came equipped with something Cadillac called Brake Assist.

It’s programmed to give you more boost when it senses a panic stop.
As a shamefully myopic driver, driven to never be late, I can certainly recall one time when it kicked in on the highway. The effort in the pedal lessened and it almost sunk to the floor. But I stopped well and clean. Had it not engaged I would have rear ended the car ahead of me that came to a complete stop in the left lane of an eight lane highway.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
while in Miami I had to do some emergency stops since its Miami and drivers suck. now I did a stop from 30 mph with foot down to the floor, I let off some 25% brake input and to my surprise the pedal stayed down on the floor and the car kept stopping without me giving the command...has this happened to anyone else? I doubt my ctd is the reincarnation of nightrider. from my days in autocross and the track I only apply as much force as is needed so I can allow a small % to turning if needed
I had to do my first really hard brake last week. I noticed the same thing. I slammed as hard as I could and felt the brake pedal pulsate a bit and then pretty much fell to the floor (almost as if brake pressure was lost), but it kept stopping. It startled me a bit but now that I read your post, it seems like this is how it's supposed to work. So long as it works every time, I like it.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do in fact like it since it helps during the 100% needed event, but if I take my foot off the brake I would hope the computer says "ohh he does not want 100% any more but 75% lets listen to him). great thing to have but I think I needs some tweaking. heck in autocross this would be the most annoying thing ever. I give a full brake then lift off the brake to get on the gas and the cruze still wants to brake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts