Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2015 Chevy Cruze with 47000 miles on it. Key fob quit working the other day suddenly & I replaced the battery--still did not work. Took car to the dealership for it's scheduled oil change 3 days after & was told the key fob tested fine, it was one of the computer modules that needed to be replaced & since there were so many, a scan would have to be done to determine which one. Also, the tech stated that this also caused the tire pressure monitor to indicate, even thought pressure is correct. Anyone had this problem or heard of it that can give me an idea of what this could be?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'd say this points directly to the Body Control Module (BCM) as it handles both the TPMS and key fob interface.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd say this points directly to the Body Control Module (BCM) as it handles both the TPMS and key fob interface.
I'm thinking it's the receiver behind the rear-view mirror. It handles both. There's been a couple of people here who have had to replace it. If it was the BCM, I'd expect more issues.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'm thinking it's the receiver behind the rear-view mirror. It handles both. There's been a couple of people here who have had to replace it. If it was the BCM, I'd expect more issues.
That's an even better choice. I didn't realize the same receiver handled both TPMS and key fobs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.