Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have had my Cruze for 1 year now and love it, but I seem to be having a problem with the auto lights. Sometimes the dash lights up but sometime it does not and have noticed via friends my running lights dont go on. Should I take to dealer or am I doing something wrong? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,597 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I have a Gen I, but would think the process is the same. Click your headlight switch to "auto" and leave it. The headlights will come on automatically either full force when the lighting control sees no light or DRL's will come on during the day.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your car has a light sensor on the dashboard and is red when parked. You can try to cover that sensor and shine a bright light into it to test the auto lights. Perhaps you have a dashabord accessory that could be interfering with the sensor.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
In addition to the dashboard R2D2 looking sensor, the DRLs/auto lights should activate when the parking brake is released. I can't recall if taking it in/out of park does the same thing on an automatic.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,658 Posts
In addition to the dashboard R2D2 looking sensor, the DRLs/auto lights should activate when the parking brake is released. I can't recall if taking it in/out of park does the same thing on an automatic.
If it's anything like my Volt, I think so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts