Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to convert to HIDs in my 17 Cruze with existing projectors. I think I did a **** good job on the install and made sure the house was sealed. A few days later which is today I notice a good amount of condensation in the headlights. What gives? Also, I’ve seen people post on here that 9005 is the correct bulb size for this DIY. I would like to disagree with that since 9005 is apparently the hi beam bulb size for this car. According to sylvania, a 9012 dual beam bulb should be used. The light output is worse than halogens with these bulbs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
If you seal it, with for example 60° dew point air in it, and a couple nights later it gets down to 30°, condensation happens.

If you didn't seal the factory vents, it'll get a little foggy as temps drop in the fall but that will eventually go away naturally.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have a hid kit and sometimes after carwash ill have water inside of it but once sun comes out its gone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
HBCRUZE2017
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing