Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ones got me scratching my head when I drive on the highway for a while and get off a ramp or get slowed down due to conjestion the rpm toggles between 500 and 800 rpm and the motor sounds like it wants to stall but balances out after about 5 sec. I’ve asked advice and was told to clean the throttle body. It helps but it’s a short term fix???

·
Registered
240 Posts
You don't mention what motor, but if this is a 1.4T:

Would first check to see if you have a bad valve cover from the diaphragm failing. Search on here for pcv valve check.

Next I would pull the coil and check for worn/torn boots and/or corroded springs inside the boots.

Next pull the plugs and check condition and gap. Gap should be .028". If electrode is worn down, replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry yes it’s a 1.4 turbo model 2014 with 125k on it the plugs, coil pack and valve cover have all been replaced around 90k

·
Registered
430 Posts
My car is a manual and will sometimes have this problem at idle. I solved it by cleaning the throttle body like you said was suggested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Issue is more frequent now happens whenever I slowly decelerate and rpms drop below 1000 it shudders quickly acting like it’s gonna stall and then balances out again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts