Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
do you know any way to make the chinease aftermarket units detect the andrioid phones GS3 ?
I try to connect it but the windows CE 6 says no driver

Thanks

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
What is the aftermarket unit you're trying to connect? I wouldn't expect Windows CE 6 to connect to an Android phone as it's also a mobile device OS.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
You should do a review on your unit as several Cruzers were interested in them at one point.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My unit is roadrover
Hi Mido,

Did you get a new phone? While I was able to sync my HTC Rezound to the unit, the sound was way to low and turnng it up had alot of static. Therefore I went with the factory bluetooth since our OEM monitor is still part of the system.

Not what I really wanted, but it works.

I would consider getting a new unit if it worked like I wanted it with bluetooth and dual zone GPS.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
If you're expecting to get the S3 to play like a USB stick, forge about it. It aint going to happen. No. However, someone on this forum posted about an app you can get that fixes this, but you'll need to root your phone for it to work. I gave up and unrooted my phone a while back so I haven't tried the app. The S3 sucks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mido,

Did you get a new phone? While I was able to sync my HTC Rezound to the unit, the sound was way to low and turnng it up had alot of static. Therefore I went with the factory bluetooth since our OEM monitor is still part of the system.

Not what I really wanted, but it works.

I would consider getting a new unit if it worked like I wanted it with bluetooth and dual zone GPS.
Yes , I sold my iphone4 and got S3...Andrioid is way better than IOS..the only problem now is that i can no longer listen to the music in the phone while in the car through USB and get the file name and song..etc ( sound can still work with bluetooth). i plug the USB cable to the phone and it can charge it but it cant read any files and it requires a driver which roadrover even doesnt have :(
so i guess i will put all my music in USB Flash

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're expecting to get the S3 to play like a USB stick, forge about it. It aint going to happen. No. However, someone on this forum posted about an app you can get that fixes this, but you'll need to root your phone for it to work. I gave up and unrooted my phone a while back so I haven't tried the app. The S3 sucks.
the problem that the phone ( jellybean andrioid ) use MTP protocol not mass storage and windows ce which is used in all the units understand only Mass storage protocol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should do a review on your unit as several Cruzers were interested in them at one point.
there is an old thread in the forum speaking about all the details, i would say best information on the internet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts