Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting a set of 18" KMC Rockstars on my 2012 Cruze 1LT.

Wheel Pros

The site says the wheels weigh ~31 lbs. Anyone know what the stock 16" wheels weigh on my Cruze? I don't want something a lot heavier due to loss of MPG. I also realize it will need to be lighter to maintain the same MPG as 18" wheels have more rotating mass than a 16" wheel.

·
Registered
377 Posts
hmmmm interesting ive never seen those rims on a car, only trucks i wonder how it will look. If you get them take lots of pics! Sorry cant help you out with wheel weight, i have a LTZ

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Paint over the fake studs and you might just have a very good looking wheel.

The stock 1LT 16" cast alloy wheels weigh ~22-23lbs IIRC. Someone who knows the exact number can confirm that. Those wheels would be significantly heavier.

For an affordable price, I think the Cruze Eco wheels are the best wheels you can get for the Cruze. Not everyone likes the look, but you can't argue with the specs. GM says they weigh 21lbs (over all 4) than the 16" alloys.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
All the Jeeps here rock those wheels. Personally i don't like them, and they weigh a lot. For example, the LTZ 18s with tires are 50 LBS each.. But that is with the tires, i am not sure of the rim it self.

·
Registered
21 Posts

The stock Eco 16" cast alloy wheels weigh ~22-23lbs IIRC. Someone who knows the exact number can confirm that. Those wheels would be significantly heavier.

For an affordable price, I think the Cruze Eco wheels are the best wheels you can get for the Cruze. Not everyone likes the look, but you can't argue with the specs. GM says they weigh 21lbs (over all 4) than the 16" alloys.
The eco wheels are actually 17" and I've read that they only weigh about 18 pounds each.

If you are worried about fuel economy, the last thing you want to do is put 31 pound wheels on your car. Adding that much unsprung weight is going to seriously impact your fuel economy.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
hmmmm interesting ive never seen those rims on a car, only trucks i wonder how it will look. If you get them take lots of pics! Sorry cant help you out with wheel weight, i have a LTZ
These are 20s but check this out:

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
The eco wheels are actually 17" and I've read that they only weigh about 18 pounds each.

If you are worried about fuel economy, the last thing you want to do is put 31 pound wheels on your car. Adding that much unsprung weight is going to seriously impact your fuel economy.
Typo on my part. I know they're 17, lol, I have them! I was referring to the 1LT wheels but said Eco on accident.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

The stock Eco 16" cast alloy wheels weigh ~22-23lbs IIRC. Someone who knows the exact number can confirm that. Those wheels would be significantly heavier.

The stock Eco wheels are forged aluminum 17x7 and weigh 17.8 lbs IIRC. Not sure where you got your figures from.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KMC started producing a car version of the Rockstars a few years ago. I have 18" Rockstars on my Cadillac, but it is a 5x115 bolt pattern. I think I am going to try to find a lighter, sportier wheel. Definitely want black or gun metal gray, though. I really would like 18s, but if I can't find any light enough will go with 17s.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
The stock Eco wheels are forged aluminum 17x7 and weigh 17.8 lbs IIRC. Not sure where you got your figures from.
It was a typo. I meant to refer to the 1LT cast wheels. Considering I said 22-23lbs (which is ~5.5lbs heavier than 17.8lbs, as GM noted per wheel, as GM noted), and I said 16", and I said cast, that should have been a given. I also said "those wheels would be significantly heavier," which should also have been a dead giveaway as to which specific wheels I was referring to. I was also responding to the owner of a Cruze 1LT. Eco wheels at that point would be off-topic. It was also posted at 12:26 AM. I've updated my original post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It was a typo. I meant to refer to the 1LT cast wheels. Considering I said 22-23lbs (which is ~5.5lbs heavier than 17.8lbs, as GM noted per wheel, as GM noted), and I said 16", and I said cast, that should have been a given. I also said "those wheels would be significantly heavier," which should also have been a dead giveaway as to which specific wheels I was referring to. I was also responding to the owner of a Cruze 1LT. Eco wheels at that point would be off-topic. It was also posted at 12:26 AM. I've updated my original post.
Definitely wasn't a dead giveaway. It actually more seemed as though the "cast" was a typo on your part. Your post read as though you were suggesting the eco wheels as a replacement and had your info wrong on their specs.

Anyways, no biggie, it happens... but you shouldn't be offended by people correcting your post even though it all was just the result of a typo.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Definitely wasn't a dead giveaway. It actually more seemed as though the "cast" was a typo on your part. Your post read as though you were suggesting the eco wheels as a replacement and had your info wrong on their specs.

Anyways, no biggie, it happens... but you shouldn't be offended by people correcting your post even though it all was just the result of a typo.
Yeah, I can see where it was confusing, lol. At the end, I was recommending the Cruze Eco wheels as an alternative. I have no idea what went through my head as I wrote that, lol.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Never cared for those wheels on trucks, but think they look pretty darn good on that red cruze from Australia. Not too sure if I like them with a black car. Red or White look the best.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts