Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
2015 CTD
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
138,000 miles.
Car is described as damage to right rear and axle beam.
$4600 and that is way too much. I'd pay 2k and hope to have about 4600 in it complete.

Pictures aren't the greatest but I'm thinking it wouldn't take much to get it rolling assuming there is no engine/transmission issues.

Then work on the body damage.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
14 Diesel Cruze, ‘14 volt, ‘72 442
477 Posts
Honestly, I’d pull the pin on it. All the money is up front. Probably Rattled up the nox2 and DEF system. If plan to delete, no biggie. Panels should be interchangeable. Brakes, suspension…I’d do it. Bit then again I’m not the one putting the time in. Only thing is if you would have to get it inspected for a salvage title. Not sure how long that process is

that is if you could get it for 2k of course

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,107 Posts
Most of my concern would be whether or not that kind of straight impact to the suspension bent anything in the rear underbody rails - if that happened, you're into a whole different level of hurt.

That said - if that's the case, the amount of parts in that car you can part out (especially the engine, trans and all emissions components, plus the interior) would far outweigh the purchase price (even at $4600).

· Premium Member
2015 CTD
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of my concern would be whether or not that kind of straight impact to the suspension bent anything in the rear underbody rails - if that happened, you're into a whole different level of hurt.

That said - if that's the case, the amount of parts in that car you can part out (especially the engine, trans and all emissions components, plus the interior) would far outweigh the purchase price (even at $4600).
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the unibody where the axle beam attaches being bent.
I need to go look at it. It is about an hr away from me.

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,107 Posts
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the unibody where the axle beam attaches being bent.
I need to go look at it. It is about an hr away from me.
Yes, definitely go give it a look over first if it's that close.

Reactions: 15cruzediesel

· Registered
733 Posts
It all comes down to your skill set. If you're able to do the mechanical repair work, youre money ahead. Bodywork, even more.

If anything, the parts alone on that car are worth $2k....so theres that.

Reactions: 15cruzediesel

· Premium Member
2015 CTD
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It all comes down to your skill set. If you're able to do the mechanical repair work, youre money ahead. Bodywork, even more.

I'm guessing about 1k to get it rolling and 3k in body work. At the asking price these numbers aren't in my favor.

If anything, the parts alone on that car are worth $2k....so theres that.
My thoughts are get it rolling obviously as cheap as possible and then get quotes for the body work. I can do any mechanical work.

I am guessing about 1k to get it rolling and 3k to repair the quarter panel. So at the asking price almost 9k.

At best, the car would be in the 7 to 10k range without a salvage title.

And again this is assuming it needs no other mechanical work. Engine tranny ect.

I am not into parting or out. It is either fix it and sell it or don't buy it.

· Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,056 Posts
Uhh I would not pay $4,600 for that.

Also the fuel cap being left off means the tank is probably contaminated, so that whole thing also needs to be fixed. But because you can't drive it, who knows what else is wrong with it. It would be a gamble.

I think $2,000 maybe and see if you can repair the suspension on it, then maybe have a mobile paint chip/dent guy come out and see what they can do, but I would still expect some damage.

· Premium Member
2015 CTD
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uhh I would not pay $4,600 for that.

Also the fuel cap being left off means the tank is probably contaminated, so that whole thing also needs to be fixed. But because you can't drive it, who knows what else is wrong with it. It would be a gamble.

I think $2,000 maybe and see if you can repair the suspension on it, then maybe have a mobile paint chip/dent guy come out and see what they can do, but I would still expect some damage.

My thoughts are 2k assuming the engine/trans/interior are taken care of.

· Registered
13 Posts
Honestly, I’d pull the pin on it. All the money is up front. Probably Rattled up the nox2 and DEF system. If plan to delete, no biggie. Panels should be interchangeable. Brakes, suspension…I’d do it. Bit then again I’m not the one putting the time in. Only thing is if you would have to get it inspected for a salvage title. Not sure how long that process is

that is if you could get it for 2k of course
How do you delete in this day and age?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.