Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a 2014 cruise 1LT base model for around 16k (gm family discount) with around 3k miles on it. It has been used mainly as a rental car for those who have their car undergoing service. It would be given the full warranty from 3k miles. Does anyone have experience on these demo/service cars? would the offer worth it? anything in particular i should be aware of when dealing with these demo cars?

·
Registered
665 Posts
My dealer uses these new car as courtesy cars for topcustomers. It is nothing wrong with them and they got many customers back inthis way. I go to change my oil, I get a new car (always under 4k mile) and Ibring it back after work. I put 20-30 miles on it but is very convenient. Notonly for the oil change, also for any other repairs. I’d say go ahead if theprice is good for you.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Remember you get people that think its cool to trash loaners and rentals because "its not there's" so be aware..... I mean I did that at one time too but then I grew up..... some people don't

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10,712 Posts
Remember you get people that think its cool to trash loaners and rentals because "its not there's" so be aware..... I mean I did that at one time too but then I grew up..... some people don't

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This is true but at the same time how much of this can we say for a single "owner" off lease car? I know plenty of people who will get into a cold car and redline it before the needle moves in the winter time.

Flip side I also knew people who would pay that in house rental insurance with intentions of **** near totaling out the car and walking away w/o a bill for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased mine that was a loaner car, It had 3k miles on it and even though it was a loaner it was clean and well kept for having 3k miles on it. I say do it, You still have the warrenty and they put GMPP for free on it for me with is a extra warrenty. Mine is just a LS but there is nothing wrong with the car because it was a loaner, ya people might have driven it like **** for 3k miles but everyone that gets in a loaner is not some crazy nut.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am considering purchasing a 2014 cruise 1LT base model for around 16k (gm family discount) with around 3k miles on it. It has been used mainly as a rental car for those who have their car undergoing service. It would be given the full warranty from 3k miles. Does anyone have experience on these demo/service cars? would the offer worth it? anything in particular i should be aware of when dealing with these demo cars?

I would check with some dealers. I got mine (2014 Cruze 1LT) sticker around 19,500 but also got a $2500 rebate so down to about 17k ish. So for about the same price or slightly more, you get a new car that nobody has driven and 0-10 miles on it but that is just a matter of choice. You may get lower payments on it because it is considered "used". But they already ate 50% of your 3yr bumper to bumper warranty unless you extend that out to 5yr 100k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts