Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve felt a shake in that 30mph to 40mph range since I got the car. The dealer did a number of repairs and it was still there. Three separate techs drove the car and agreed with me that it shakes left to right. The cart actually shakes, not the wheel where normal steering and suspension issues feel like. They triple checked the car, top to bottom, front to back. They found nothing wrong. They unloaded a brand new 17 Cruze from the delivery truck and all three techs drove it. The brand new Cruze also shook at the same speeds and same shake. They swapped my 4 wheels with the new cars wheels. Same shake in both cars. The end result was the car is perfectly fine but it shakes. They made a claim with GM and we are awaiting a response. I don’t know but some guesses I have is torque management or the torque converter.

Do any of you guys feel a side to side shake in that 30-40 mph cruising speed? You can especially feel it when resting your right leg on the center counsel.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
No. The only vibration I've really felt is when the car upshifts too early and then will refuse to drop back down a gear unless you boot the throttle more.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Negative, neither in my hatch or the sedan in those conditions. My hatch does get some shaking at 68-73, but I've since discovered that the speed was coincidental and that my stiff sidewall aftermarket tires are just translating rough road feel to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s been a long process but the dealer bought back my Cruze and I upgraded to a Malibu. I did test drive a Premier Cruze and it did not shake like my LT did. I couldn’t stand the shaking. The dealer couldn’t fix it, GM tried to blow it off.

The Malibu is levels above the Cruze in every comparison except MPG. So far I’m stuck in the 30s, where the Cruze was in the 40s.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
It’s been a long process but the dealer bought back my Cruze and I upgraded to a Malibu. I did test drive a Premier Cruze and it did not shake like my LT did. I couldn’t stand the shaking. The dealer couldn’t fix it, GM tried to blow it off.

The Malibu is levels above the Cruze in every comparison except MPG. So far I’m stuck in the 30s, where the Cruze was in the 40s.
That's a shame. Wonder what the difference between the Cruzes is, except for wheels/tires?

What Malibu trim/motor did you end up going with?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The premier has different wheels and tires but more importantly has upgraded rear suspension. Z link. Its a a bolt in option for LT cars.

loaded LT with 1.5 turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts