Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2013 sriv hatch and was wondering, if i could refresh it with a new bumper from a new model that has running lights in it, would fit be the same or modification required. also im wanting to add a spoiler oem spec to it but im not sure how the install would work ie double sided tape or drilling and screws req dis assemble of interior of the boot

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,492 Posts
hi i have a 2013 sriv hatch and was wondering, if i could refresh it with a new bumper from a new model that has running lights in it, would fit be the same or modification required. also im wanting to add a spoiler oem spec to it but im not sure how the install would work ie double sided tape or drilling and screws req dis assemble of interior of the boot
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Pictures would be helpful. I am not familiar with the names so am unsure what the matching US models are. I would show the body lines where the fascia meets the fenders as well as the hood. Full shots as well.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and you Cruze here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Pictures would be helpful. I am not familiar with the names so am unsure what the matching US models are. I would show the body lines where the fascia meets the fenders as well as the hood. Full shots as well.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and you Cruze here.
interestingly the chevy cruze until 2017 ish was all manufactured in Australia so they would all be the same.
i have a white holden cruze my13 whtie hatch 1.4l turbo manual

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
interestingly the chevy cruze until 2017 ish was all manufactured in Australia so they would all be the same.
There were many manufactured in the US and Korea as well. This is a global platform.

·
Registered
904 Posts
There were many manufactured in the US and Korea as well. This is a global platform.
And they were (are???) also manufactured in China, and while there are a lot of similarities between them, there are differences, some subtle, and some not so subtle.

There were at least two series built in Korea, the initial Premiere Lacetti that became the Cruze, sold as the JG in Oz, and Vauxhall Cruze in Europe, Africa, and other places, then the Daewoo factory was re-started in 2015(??) and produced them for Europe and Asia before production moved to China.

Oh, and a 2.0l manual diesel was also built for a time in India, not sure what parts will fit that one!

Long ago in Oz the FoMoCo marketing department managed to make "Chevrolet" equivalent to "a cheap piece of s**t," when GM-H was looking at importing them and re-badging them as "Cadillac" and other up-market GM brands, back when such existed :)

Selling anything badged "Chevrolet" in Oz, except for Corvettes and Camaros, is a real push, and even those only sell to a small market.

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
Someone here has or is close to installing a wing on a hatch. They may have pictures. It might take me a bit to find the post though. As far as the front fascia (bumper cover) is concerned, park next to one of the other vehicles you are interested in and look at and compare the major body lines. My guess is the are the same at least within the same generation. I could install a 2011-2016 fascia with minor adjustments in wiring etc as long as I have all the accompanying hardware and plastic, i.e. fog bezels etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
I still haven't found the link yet, but here is a tutorial that lists the basics for installing a wing, however it is for a Gen I and a sedan. The idea will be the same, just the mechanics of it are not.

HOW-TO: Install a pedestal spoiler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts