Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cool Stuff but from China.....

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  AutumnCruzeRS 
#1 ·
#3 ·
But it is cheap - and you do realise that most of the stuff you buy locally is just the stuff made in China/Thailand/Taiwan/Korea/Etcetera with a different label on it?

Frex, in Oz, the GM supplied "alloy sports pedal set" for the Cruze costs $185. I had a look in the box at a dealer, it's just the rubber form with a sliver of alloy glued to it (made in China). So really, it's not an "alloy pedal set", it's a set of "alloy-like pedal covers". But car companies lie. A lot.

On eBay, the prices for similar vary from about $22 to $40, I went with a $35 (free postage) set that look interesting.

#5 ·
My taillights from China and for 2weeks of wet cold/warm weather, I have no condensation and get people to comment on them all the time. Granted some of the stuff looks/is cheap but you have to at least commend them on their creativity as the market for NA aftermarket really doesn't exist.

#7 ·
Actually, South Korea has a bunch of domestically-made Cruze accessories and performance parts as the Asian Cruze is manufactured there under the former Daewoo factor. Their parts are usually very high-quality, although the price is also pretty high.

The quality of the China parts vary, but the price is also extremely low.

#12 ·
I've bought stuff from the Korean, Chinese (Mainland and Taiwan), and HK sellers on eBay, not just for the Cruze, but other things as well.

I'd say about 90% of it is the same stuff without the fancy label, and works just as well.

Those LED foggies look interesting... Do I have enough in the piggy bank... :)

#13 ·
Yes, way cool stuff but just wanted to see if others have purchased from overseas. I work for a manufacturing company and from time to time we outsource to China. In many cases they do a better job than we do here in the US. Theres way too much suff on this site I would love to have or try out.:th_coolio:

#17 ·
I looked on Aliexpress, but decided not to buy from the website. I found a Chinese vendor through EBay to purchase my BMW tail lights at a fair price after negotiating. I did notice that there are numerous makers so you will have to decide which ones you want. I went through Winpower group because their description sounded more convincing and they are a large manufacturer of head and tail lights. I also looked through multiple vendors on Taobao.com and used Google chrome to translate and read reviews. The taillights that I have now were not the first big ticket item I have ordered from China. Back when I had my Evolution X - I did a full OEM projector headlight replacement. I purchased true Mitsubishi gen 3 ballasts and headlights with built in leveling motors through Taobao.com.... I purchased the items through a middleman vendor called Taobaofocus.com - you can then view a larger selection of sellers that might not ship internationally. The company will follow the item you want, purchase it and ship it to you..... The only problem is their packing isn't as great as factory because they try to make it as cheap as possible for you shipping wise. I was lucky but others had broken tabs. You can also find stuff cheaper on taobao then aliexpress because when the company buys the item at Chinese prices. Most of the sellers on Aliexpress are aware of what international markets will pay and mark items up. If you order directly from China through a middle man vendor you'll most likely save 50-100.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.