Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Coolant boiling, no overtemp on gauge.

2881 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  John Henrique
2013 Cruze 1.4L turbo. Coolant is boiling out of reservoir when running. The gauge never shows any indication of getting too hot. Thermostat is new, new reservoir tank and cap. Not leaking any coolant anywhere, only when it boils over. Passenger side going into the radiator the hose feels cold, driver side of the radiator hose is really hot. Compression check was good, cylinder leak down test was good. I’ve vented the coolant system properly also, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,177 Posts
2013 Cruze 1.4L turbo. Coolant is boiling out of reservoir when running. The gauge never shows any indication of getting too hot. Thermostat is new, new reservoir tank and cap. Not leaking any coolant anywhere, only when it boils over. Passenger side going into the radiator the hose feels cold, driver side of the radiator hose is really hot. Compression check was good, cylinder leak down test was good. I’ve vented the coolant system properly also, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

Make sure you have completely bled the system, you may have air bubbles trapped in it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts