Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the water outlet on the drivers side of my 2012 1.4L cruze..It had a hairline crack and would drip coolant...Now when the engine gets up to operating temp and when I shut it off you can hear coolant gurgling in top of outlet I just replaced and its kinda spiting some coolant back in the reservoir until it cools off a little..The engine doesnt overheat...It stays at the mark before the one at the very bottom of the temp gauge...never did it before I changed the water outlet...coolant level is about an inch from the top of the reservoir...Any ideals what I did wrong..I checked it the last few days and no leaks I can find...

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
It's air in the coolant lines from changing the tank. It's nearly impossible to fill the Cruze's coolant and get all the air bubbles out so they work their way out as you drive. You'll need to put more coolant in in a few weeks simply to replace the air that's worked it's way out of the system.

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
disregard you have a 1.4
my coolant was making a bubbling noise when when i start the car, the oil cooler was mixing oil into the coolant, that could be the issue as well.
We've had reports of the 1.4T engines doing this as well. In this case OP's symptoms are of air in the cooling system as a result of replacing a leaking water outlet. This is a very common issue with the Cruze's cooling system as there are several "high" points where air can collect. While you drive the coolant motion will force air bubbles out of those points and the air is eventually returned to the surge tank. When this happens coolant spite out of the return line.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We've had reports of the 1.4T engines doing this as well. In this case OP's symptoms are of air in the cooling system as a result of replacing a leaking water outlet. This is a very common issue with the Cruze's cooling system as there are several "high" points where air can collect. While you drive the coolant motion will force air bubbles out of those points and the air is eventually returned to the surge tank. When this happens coolant spite out of the return line.
Yea i'm no expert just took a guess.

When oil mixes with coolant should i change my oil again? i just changed it a month ago.. i don't see coolant traces in the oil.

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
Yea i'm no expert just took a guess.

When oil mixes with coolant should i change my oil again? i just changed it a month ago.. i don't see coolant traces in the oil.
Oil should never mix with the coolant. Even though it hasn't visibly reoccurred I'd keep a close eye on your coolant - oil mixing with coolant is a sign of a major problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
[email protected]
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing