Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze. Last week my temperature gauge kept showing hot. I discovered I was low on coolant so put more in. Now my car has no heat. My fan is blowing but it’s not warm. I went to look at the coolant again but now the coolant cap won’t come off. Ugh! I just have no money for this right now! Any idea what’s wrong? The car has an odd smell to it but it dies t smell like antifreeze

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,288 Posts
Wait until the car cools down. Try it again.

If that doesn't work take a large pair of channel locks and use that for more leverage to twist the cap off.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,487 Posts
Just
Hello. I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze. Last week my temperature gauge kept showing hot. I discovered I was low on coolant so put more in. Now my car has no heat. My fan is blowing but it’s not warm. I went to look at the coolant again but now the coolant cap won’t come off. Ugh! I just have no money for this right now! Any idea what’s wrong? The car has an odd smell to it but it dies t smell like antifreeze
Remember it is plastic so don't over do it.

·
Registered
2013 LT A14NET
42 Posts
I went to look at the coolant again but now the coolant cap won’t come off. Ugh! I just have no money for this right now! Any idea what’s wrong?
For future reference I have a pretty good idea (been there done that)!
You have to pressure your cooling system, by heat or air compression..
and then unscrew just a few turns, and wayt for the pressure to move the cap valve inner body, stuck by a swollen O-ring!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts