Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I have a 2016 1.8 limited with 51k miles I bought the car 04/2016 since then the driver seat cushion his ripped and been replaced twice, the caliber seized and replaced and now a coolant leak from a metal pipe that goes from the water pump to what looks like the coolant housing (possible thermostat housing?)
It leaks slowly but when I pull on the metal tube slightly ( nothing crazy or hard to brake) it begins to leak I am thinking its the gasket but don't know what this part is called in order to find a seal or gasket any help is greatly appreciated

also I have noticed these cars have a lot of coolant issue. are their any parts recommended to replace ahead of time ?

a month ago around 49k miles I got a coolant leak from the passenger side I was not able to identify where it came from nor was I able to recreate it, but the smell continued. this morning I noticed a little puddle but on the driver side this time and I notice a bit of coolant build up on the transmission case, coolant level was low, topped her off and off to work. when I arrived and noticed a very very slow drip I'm talking about 1 drop ever 3-5 min
It leaks slowly but when I pull on the metal tube slightly ( nothing crazy or hard to brake) it begins to leak assuming it creates a separation in the marriage. I am thinking its the gasket but don't know what this part is called in order to find a seal or gasket any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,091 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello I have a 2016 1.8 limited with 51k miles I bought the car 04/2016 since then the driver seat cushion his ripped and been replaced twice, the caliber seized and replaced and now a coolant leak from a metal pipe that goes from the water pump to what looks like the coolant housing (possible thermostat housing?)
It leaks slowly but when I pull on the metal tube slightly ( nothing crazy or hard to brake) it begins to leak I am thinking its the gasket but don't know what this part is called in order to find a seal or gasket any help is greatly appreciated

also I have noticed these cars have a lot of coolant issue. are their any parts recommended to replace ahead of time ?

a month ago around 49k miles I got a coolant leak from the passenger side I was not able to identify where it came from nor was I able to recreate it, but the smell continued. this morning I noticed a little puddle but on the driver side this time and I notice a bit of coolant build up on the transmission case, coolant level was low, topped her off and off to work. when I arrived and noticed a very very slow drip I'm talking about 1 drop ever 3-5 min
It leaks slowly but when I pull on the metal tube slightly ( nothing crazy or hard to brake) it begins to leak assuming it creates a separation in the marriage. I am thinking its the gasket but don't know what this part is called in order to find a seal or gasket any help is greatly appreciated

I had the same question about the aluminum pipe, took me a little bit but I found it. 25194218 GM part number. Amazon has them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E6CLQJQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts