Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Another leak 馃槬 Just after I replaced the thermostat housing a new coolant leak has popped up, this time behind the exhaust manifold/turbo. It is not the common issue that others seem to be having with the shielded return line but rather it is the bigger metal pipe that runs behind the shielded line.Seems to be leaking where the metal pipe connects to the oil filter housing.

Anyone had to replace this part? Is it even possible?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Rim Automotive exterior
Light Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Automotive tire

Registered
Vauxhall Meriva B 1.4t 120bhp model
Remove both hoses at the top of the pipe, remove screw just under arrow in first pic and the etorx bolt just above to the left. Pull pipe out of oil cooler there is an o ring on the end hopefully just need that replaced and pipe isn鈥檛 burst. Sorry don鈥檛 know the sizes required. You may need to remove oil feed pipe to turbo.
Organism Gesture Font Line Auto part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove both hoses at the top of the pipe, remove screw just under arrow in first pic and the etorx bolt just above to the left. Pull pipe out of oil cooler there is an o ring on the end hopefully just need that replaced and pipe isn鈥檛 burst. Sorry don鈥檛 know the sizes required. You may need to remove oil feed pipe to turbo. View attachment 299838
Thanks heaps @Baldrico1
Would you have the torque specs by any chance

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again @Baldrico1. Really appreciate your help with this.

Also, I am trying to figure out the root cause for this leak. First the thermostat was leaking and as soon as I replaced that this oil cooler return line started leaking coolant. Seems like there is more coolant pressure than what is expected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts