Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Where is the leak and what is the bypass assembly? Did you see coolant from the top of the engine or was it on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Water outlet is covered "Coverage on engine coolant system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or OUTLET that attaches to the return hoses." To me that would mean the water outlet. I had a leak on the coolant sensor on the water outlet and they just replaced the gasket around the sensor and not the whole water outlet. I wished they replaced my whole water outlet when they did my sensor sensor o-ring. Why they made that outlet plastic is beyond me. It will not last. I wonder if they did it pressure testing the system when they fixed your water pump.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Got a call from the service manager and the issue was cleared up. As jsusanka indicated this part is covered. So for future reference for anyone with the same problem, sometimes the service writers aren't clear on the issue. If the water outlet has failed then the hose(s) and anything attached is covered under power train warranty as well.
I wonder why they called it a bypass. I looked in the parts catalog and the only bypass I found is the transmission cooler lines which aren't covered by the power train warranty. In all the parts diagrams it is called the outlet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts