Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago, my dad and I replaced the coolant bypass hose (hose that goes from coolant reservoir into a T shaped piece next to engine) as it was leaking. It seems the other hose connected to this same part is now leaking. I have attached a couple images to show where it is leaking from and which part Im looking to identify.

From all my searches, the only thing I can find that looks close is the "Oil Cooler Inlet Hose". Is there any special trick to replacing this hose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the pic, I wonder if the water outlet is cracked and leaking.

As for the hose, it's hard to tell from the pics above, but I wonder if perhaps it is item 17 or 19 here .

HTH.

Doug

I actually got lucky while looking under the hood again and found a very worn out part # on the side of the hose. I googled a few things that were still visible and was able to verify that I am correct about this being the Oil Cooler Coolant Inlet Hose.

·
Premium Member
7,900 Posts
My money is on a bad water outlet and not the hose. That's exactly where the water outlet leaks. It splits along a seem where that hose connects. And they do fail before the hose does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My money is on a bad water outlet and not the hose. That's exactly where the water outlet leaks. It splits along a seem where that hose connects. And they do fail before the hose does.
What does the repair cost of that look like?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are referring to the hose that goes from the reservoir to that junction, I know for a fact it is not that because we recently replaced that and it no longer comes from the top part.

·
Premium Member
7,900 Posts
I'm referring to the plastic "tree" that all the hoses are connecting to. Mine started to split at the seam, causing it to leak under the hose. If you're still under power train warranty, it's covered. But if you're handy, you can do it yourself.

This write-up indicates the leak is with the top hose, but on mine, the leak was exactly where yours is - coming from under the hose, as if it's not sealing properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree that its probably the water outlet neck. That's where mine leaked at. When ours got up to temperature it would spray a stream from what looked like a pin hole.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The high temps that these engines run doesn't do all the plastic parts any favors over time.That's terrible for a part to just disintegrate away like that. Small pieces could get caught up in the coolant system and restrict flow or damage the water pump.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine was leaking from the clip for the Reservoir Hose on the Water Outlet Housing, the coupler between the two had a crack. I ended up having to replace both the hose and the housing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts