Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Coolant Leak -

Just wanted to let you know my car hit about 50K miles in Jan and about a week ago I found coolant drops on my garage floor. Researched here and found that the water pump may be shot.

This past Monday morning I took my car in to Dublin Chevrolet, Dublin, CA (east bay area)...service advisor Bill Fitch had the water pump, seal, bolts and thermostat replaced and serviced and the car returned to me within 4 hours. Great service and great job by all. Thanks.

Z

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
What is the count on failed water pumps? Anyone keeping track?

No wonder why I open the hood before each trip, you guys made me paranoid.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey Z!

We're very glad to hear that Dublin Chevrolet was able to quickly correct this leak for you. We'll be sure to note their job well done within our system. If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

Amber N. (assisting Jackie)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
You're not alone. My water pump kicked the bucket at 78k miles. O'Connor Chevrolet of Henrietta, NY did a good job replacing the water pump under powertrain warranty. Mine was leaking coolant down the side of the block, so it was pretty well buggered.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Penguin LS had it's thermostat replaced today for a leak. My ECO MT may also have a water pump leak - keeping an eye on it.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
You're not alone. My water pump kicked the bucket at 78k miles. O'Connor Chevrolet of Henrietta, NY did a good job replacing the water pump under powertrain warranty. Mine was leaking coolant down the side of the block, so it was pretty well buggered.
Great to know that pump is covered under the 100K mile warranty. Will write this down.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Some of the ones I've seen going out have all been from the weep hole. So they were leaking internally. Glad to see they took care of you. Is your Cruze Blue Ray Metallic?

Also, poke around for the veterans thread and hit up XtremeRevolution, to get your veteran badge. Chiefs definitely deserve it!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Thank you. I felt great about all aspects of the service. Bill just made it better. I love my Cruze.
You are more than welcome! We always appreciate any feedback provided from our customers and are glad you had such a positive experience while working with your dealer. Continue to enjoy your Cruze! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Kindest Regards,

Laura M. (assisting Jackie)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of the ones I've seen going out have all been from the weep hole. So they were leaking internally. Glad to see they took care of you. Is your Cruze Blue Ray Metallic?

Also, poke around for the veterans thread and hit up XtremeRevolution, to get your veteran badge. Chiefs definitely deserve it!

It Black Granite. Thank you for your support of Veterans.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
43,000 miles - going in in the morning to replace the water pump. The florescent dye showed up extremely well when the tech pointed a flashlight at it this afternoon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just did. Thank you for having a special badge to recognize all our Veterans.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Looks like another bad batch of water pumps starting to fail. Out of curiosity, when your Cruzes made? Mine was August 2011.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Oct 2011.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been smelling coolant off and on the last couple weeks. This morning it was cold so I let it run for about ten minutes, came outside and all I could smell is the coolant. Opened the hood and it was dripping onto the downpipe and smoking. So I just brought it into the dealer and now waiting to see what they say. I'm hoping it's the water pump so it's covered under the powertrain warranty. I'm at 135,000 km.

·
Registered
168 Posts
They told me the water pump is fine and is holding pressure. They're replacing the thermostat and coolant cap to see if that helps.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Looks like another bad batch of water pumps starting to fail. Out of curiosity, when your Cruzes made? Mine was August 2011.

Looks like and you hope . I do not Believe that the manufacturers of that specific part can still be assembling this many defective pumps , thermostats , and such .

Factory Defects at this rate are a sure sign that GM needs to look into a better parts supplier .... Or could it be some thing different causing the premature failures of said parts ?

Jan 2011 ..............

·
Registered
18 Posts
The one on my 2011 Eco failed at 40,000 about a month ago. My dealer had the car for 2 days and they returned it with grease prints all over the front fascia and greasy prints all over the area worked on. While I was happy that GM covered the repair under warranty, I was not pleased with the condition the vehicle was in when returned to me.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts