Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Coolant leak found! Leaking Inlet Heater Hose (near firewall)!

854 4
Light Glove Safety glove Gas Machine

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system Light

Hello all, back again today with another issue unfortunately, doing maintenance on my vehicles and once I got to the Cruze today I noticed this wet area at the bottom/back behind the motor, i did just replace the purge valve canister a few days ago to fix issue (P0522), It hasn’t rained and the car has been sitting untouched overnight. Anyone have ideas on what it is that’s leaking coolant from around that area? Yes I’m positive it’s coolant, it’s very oily and smells sweet, also coolant has dropped somewhat in the reservoir. Won’t have time until this weekend to jack it up and get under there :/ just wanting some direction to note towards once I get to it. Cheers.

P.S No overheating issues!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Limited LT 1.4T
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I recommend pressure testing the cooling system. That will give you a definite answer.

If I were purely guessing, I would say it's one of the heater hoses above that.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Car Automotive air manifold Vehicle

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

You guessed right! Finally got around to finding the leak, it’s the heater inlet hose that is leaking (the top hose) I may be wrong on the name of it, BUT it’s only leaking from from the brown/beige plastic connection so hoping I can look around online and just find that connector part If not then the hose and connection together is just as fine. I’m assuming there’s a small gasket in the connection that deteriorated, If you know the part number, Please let me know! cheers!

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Limited LT 1.4T
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got the part I ordered, wasn’t available anywhere near by, looks very well built it’s a dayco product part #E87993…. I’m assuming the ring gasket inside is what went out.
Automotive tire Silver Grey Rim Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Sleeve Glove Grey Hood

Liquid Drinkware Fluid Barware Drink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts