Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coolant_leak.jpg

Car has started leaking from the center of the red circle. Can anyone identify the part for me please that I would need to replace? It is slowly getting worse and I am wanting to get this fixed ASAP to avoid further cost and damage. Thanks for any help. ;)

Also, what is the time frame to replace this part? I am coming from a primarily Mustang background and have never worked on a smaller engine before. :th_coolio:

·
2,168 Posts
I'm believe that's the coolant recovery connector, I don't know the part number you may need to call your local dealer to get that information. I think I remember seeing a couple threads on here from other folks having the same issue, I'll try to find them and see if they are of any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I appreciate the help. It's coming right from the base there where you can see it is a little bit wet.

·
2,168 Posts

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
I saw from your intro thread that you bought the car less than three years ago. If you're still under 36K miles this would be a warranty repair.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Looks like the water outlet to me. It's covered under the power train warranty (but you might need to fight that a bit). IIRC, the part was redesigned and may require a matching new top hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts