Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed a stain on the oil sump on the passenger side when I changed the oil a couple days ago. Also heard a water swish like noise when I started it a couple times in the last week or so. The overflow bottle was very low, the lower hose on the bottle was completely uncovered. So I added a pint just to get the fluid level higher than the hose. I have a dealer appointment on Monday for the evap solenoid noise, guess I'll have them check that water pump? I'm at about 44k, hope that is covered on the driveline warranty.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
10/150 for the water pump. This is the most likely source of your leak.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer pressure tested the system, said it wasn't leaking. They filled the overflow, and sent me on my way. Guess I'm playing the long game to get this fixed.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
There's a PI to dealerships to do exactly what they did. If it drops again put in the coolant dye and then keep an eye on it. The coolant dye is how we diagnosed a bad pressure cap and a bad water pump. It left residue right next to the leak.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a PI to dealerships to do exactly what they did. If it drops again put in the coolant dye and then keep an eye on it. The coolant dye is how we diagnosed a bad pressure cap and a bad water pump. It left residue right next to the leak.
Are you saying the next time I complain the dealership will add dye? Or are you suggesting that I put dye in it?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Multi step diagnosis process.
1. Pressure test system and top off.
If low over a short period (days/weeks) then:
2. Pressure test again...if no leakage evident, add dye and top off.
3. When again low, dealer to inspect with black light to find coolant trail.

I know.....sounds like a pain....and it is for both parties...you and the dealer. However, the dealer cannot just change a component hoping they guessed correctly, nor is that how you would want the repair done......shotgunning parts rarely leads to success.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts