Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. I tried to post this in fix my cruze section but it wouldn't so all apologies in adavance.

I have a 2013 Cruze LTZ RS with 57,349 miles

I've had previous issues before

I was driving home from Nashville and I was leaking coolant. Was able to limp it to a service station in bfe, where the guy replaced the ring that holds one of the hoses on 15.00 dollars no problem. Made it home fine and seeming wasn't having any problems. One day driving to work I noticed the temp gauge FLEW past the halfway mark; took it to the Chevy Dealer and they said that when the guy put on the new clamp around the hose he cracked the part where the hose hooks onto.

So, that got replaced, all is well. So today I'm driving and the temp guage once again fly's past the halfway line ( aww great!). I get home and once again all the coolant was gone. So I fill it up again, turn on my car and began looking for where it is leaking from. ( Sorry if this is drawn out just trying to give some background history)

So I'm looking ( and after some digging) it is leaking from the top of the Coolant outlet flange. It's coming from where the hose connected to the coolant compartment connects to the coolant outlet flange and it's held by a little clip in the middle ( sorry if that is vague)

Now my question is, should I replace the whole coolant outlet flange and the hose coming from the coolant container? Could it be possibly a worn out gasket or O-ring? Is there other things IE: coolant shooting out? Air getting into the system??

I Thank you all so much for any possible help you could provide for me, This issue is starting to agitate me.

Justin

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Not sure by the name your calling it but sounds like opposite side of the water pump? Believe they called it the upper water neck or coolant neck. Not sure but it's plastic junk. If it's the same part I tore mine appart and couldn't find a crack or anything. Seal looked good but replaced the part anyways believe it was about $25. I'll look it up.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The plastic water outlet is a fairly high-fail item. I seem to remember reading that it's been redesigned and would require replacing the top hose that comes out of it.

Note that the outlet is covered by powertrain warranty, so unless you car has a salvage title it should still be in effect. However, you'd have to pay for any replacement hose. That's not covered.

I don't know as this car handles overheating very well. The next time the needle flys past the halfway mark, I'd strongly consider pulling over and calling for a tow.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Haul around a jug or 2 of coolant until u get the parts. Engine shouldn't actually be overheating it's just interrupted flow past the thermostat. Obviously if u continue to drive without a steady flow of coolant through the system problems will quickly arise. Most of the parts are relatively cheap though. Make sure u point out that it is part of warranty if u bring it into the shop. They tend to be finicky when it's parts like this. I was told it wasn't under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,951 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts