Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time visitor, first time posting. I have a 2013 eco Cruze 1.4L turbo, got it with 7 miles on it 1 owner, everything was fine till a couple months ago. It started to over heat with plenty of coolant in the system so I changed the Thermostat and it worked but for a couple weeks, I then changed the housing on the drivers side of the engine and once again everything was back to normal. A couple days Later I decided to check up on the coolant level and it was empty this time, I inspected for leaks but didn?t find anything, the coolant wasn?t mixing with the oil. I looked again and noticed a leak coming from the coolant bypass hose where it connects to the housing. Should I replace the hose or is there a recall on this type of stuff? It only has 48k miles on it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Long time visitor, first time posting. I have a 2013 eco Cruze 1.4L turbo, got it with 7 miles on it 1 owner, everything was fine till a couple months ago. It started to over heat with plenty of coolant in the system so I changed the Thermostat and it worked but for a couple weeks, I then changed the housing on the drivers side of the engine and once again everything was back to normal. A couple days Later I decided to check up on the coolant level and it was empty this time, I inspected for leaks but didn?t find anything, the coolant wasn?t mixing with the oil. I looked again and noticed a leak coming from the coolant bypass hose where it connects to the housing. Should I replace the hose or is there a recall on this type of stuff? It only has 48k miles on it
Replace the hose from tank to coupling....comes with the fitting and 'O' rings.

No recall per se ......the housing might have been covered under 5/100 (seals/gaskets) and possibly this hose (since a seal failure) but is inexpensive enough to just finish the job.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts