Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my coolant was leaking from the thermostat. Changed it.. seemed to be all good for a while.. now it’s leaking from the spot in the pic.. this is within a month.. is there a way the coolant could be over pressurized or what else could cause it to keep finding new spots to leak?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had that leak. Mine turned out to be the couple inside/between the Water Outlet Housing and the Reservoir Hose. I ended up changing both the WOH & Reservoir Hose. Got one from AutoZone and the other from a nearby stealership.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts
So my coolant was leaking from the thermostat. Changed it.. seemed to be all good for a while.. now it’s leaking from the spot in the pic.. this is within a month.. is there a way the coolant could be over pressurized or what else could cause it to keep finding new spots to leak?
Because of the high coolant temp and the fact you were moving things around the engine bay, and the plastic from the factory is cheap, you are bound to cause another leak. I would suggest to stick with Dorman or Mahle lifetime warranty parts and if you replace one part of a system, I personally would change the connecting plastic and hoses at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts