Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if the top of the arrow is where the coolant level is supposed to be at when the engine is cold?

The manual doesn't specifically say that or my reading comprehension plain out sucks.

The pencil mark is where my coolant is when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Correct, the line at the top of the arrow is the cold fill point.

·
Registered
46 Posts
my 2011 LS cruze is in the same area as yours, maybe a little lower and I have 8900 miles on it

im thinking about topping mine off when it gets a bit lower mabe at 15k miles ill do it

·
Registered
Holden Cruze 1.8L 2012. 63k miles odometer (15-03-2020).
81 Posts
I leave it 25%-50% full. Reason being is my water pump leaks a few drops soon after I shut off the engine if it is full. The coolant temperature rises after you shut off the engine, absorbing latent heat. In my case 5-20 degrees celcius and increases pressure from coolant fluid vapourization. Leaving the reservoir with enough empty space gives a cushion of gas to absorb the pressure.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,515 Posts
I leave it 25%-50% full. Reason being is my water pump leaks a few drops soon after I shut off the engine if it is full. The coolant temperature rises after you shut off the engine, absorbing latent heat. In my case 5-20 degrees celcius and increases pressure from coolant fluid vapourization. Leaving the reservoir with enough empty space gives a cushion of gas to absorb the pressure.
The arrow signifies max cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts