Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was doing a normal look around when I noticed after opening the coolant cap that there was some froth on the cap and sludge on the sides of the coolant tank. I have noticed I have a tiny oil leak that sometimes comes on the drivers side and drips off the trans pan. Other than that normal temperature and normal performance. Any ideas what it could be. I hope not a headgasket oil looked fine. 1.8l 2014 62,000

·
Super Moderator
5,526 Posts
The coolant is to be replaced at five year/150000 mile intervals....whichever comes first.......you are entering year five but I don't know your cars build date. (month and year on door sticker).

Your old coolant is breaking down and the separation shows itself by adhering to the coolest parts of the cooling system.

So, it is telling you it is time for a coolant change.

Rob

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Reads more like you have air in the coolant system .

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Unless things changed from when I lived the profession. No need to.

Vehicles have leaks all the time.
With Dex- cool the system is purged of all air and sealed at the radiator . 1 would not want air in the radiator or in the system because of this very reason that OP has stated .. GM was suid over the use of Dex- cool in the early years .. Read up about IT ! ..

Appreciate your interest with the idea though .

·
Registered
829 Posts
Air only enters the system when coolant leaves. It's not as if notable air ingress is a common concern on healthy systems.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
It's impossible to seal the radiator. Or keep air out of the system.
I do not think that you are in a mentally functional state of mind today ....

There has to be 20 threads here on this forum about the use of Dex- cool ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
brian v
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing