Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4
My water outlet broke recently so i replaced it. As well as flushed the coolant through the plug that's under the car. The replacement came with it's own sensor so the old sensor was tossed. Since then my coolant temp gauge doesn't seem to surpass 1/4, fluctuates from about 150°F to 170°F (1/2 seems to be regular operating temperature, 220°F). My coolant reservoir is at the bottom line (no visible leaks or left over coolant puddles), i will refill it today after work. I doubt that's the issue because then the car should be over heating due to low coolant, right?

What else could it be?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,752 Posts
Does the reading match the actual engine coolant temperature mausured by an infrared thermometer?

Also is the water outlet assembly OEM or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,494 Posts
You should be getting air out of the system by the plug on top of the a radiator, not the one below. Crack it open or remove it until coolant runs out for a few seconds.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yep, after double checking to make sure it's bled correctly, keep in mind that a new sensor doesn't mean good, it just means it's unused. New electrical components are sometimes known to be bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts