Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
That's ok. The Cruze runs at a higher temperature to get better fuel burn.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
temperature also lowers when you start driving up a large hill(400+ feet). was running about 217 at the bottom, once in the hill instead of warming like most cars the cruzes computer controlled thermostat just increased flow & cooled things down. At the top of the hill I was at 197degrees, within a few minutes of coasting down the backside I was back up to 217degrees.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Something to be said for small engines - I could sit at a traffic light with the heat on full blast and watch the temp drop rapidly from 195F to 160F or lower depending on how long the car was recently driven. Anyone else notice that with the 1.4?

·
Registered
904 Posts
No, I have not noticed such a temperature drop while the car is just sitting. I've never seen the temp o below 190F after the engine had warmed up. I would expect the system to maintain consistent engine temps with the heater in use.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,532 Posts
Something to be said for small engines - I could sit at a traffic light with the heat on full blast and watch the temp drop rapidly from 195F to 160F or lower depending on how long the car was recently driven. Anyone else notice that with the 1.4?
Yep, I noticed that last spring!

Blasting the heat on fan speed 4 gets rid of the heat quicker than the tiny little engine can produce it.

I do love that the Cruze warms up super quickly though :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yours might warm up quickly but mine doesn't. If its below 60F outside, it takes at least 15 minutes, unless I'm driving over 55. Then again, adding everything else up makes me think the thermostat is not closing completely when cold. Electric < Wax pellet in my opinion.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,532 Posts
Yours might warm up quickly but mine doesn't. If its below 60F outside, it takes at least 15 minutes, unless I'm driving over 55. Then again, adding everything else up makes me think the thermostat is not closing completely when cold. Electric < Wax pellet in my opinion.
That sounds like you've definitely got a bad thermostat. Not even Hondas take that long to warm up, and they're the slowest to heat up I've ever driven.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts