Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to find a Job Aid on replacing the cooling fan assembly. My Cruze sounds like a tree limb thrasher and it feels like the bearings are bad in the fan.

I’ve googled around and searched the forum but not finding much. Most videos are for the radiator which speaks to removing the front clip. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Brandon

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have 1.8L motor (non-turbo), if I remember correctly, I believe two bolts to remove and then one electrical connector to pull apart. You will need to remove the wiring attached to the fan housing and it should just lift straight up. May have to be careful around a/c piping and pull out carefully.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1.4t. It looks like it has no bolts and only plastic legs to hold it in. Just not clear how it’s supposed to come out..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I think this video is for a 1.8L. I just watched a video on youtube South Main Auto Channel where he does coolant fan diagnosis for a 1.4. He mentions you have to pull the bumper cover.

If you search Cruze Fog Light installation you'll find plenty of video's on how to remove the front cover.

There are vendors outside of GM directly for fans.. Check Rockauto. Another option might be to see if the electrical resistor can come off the fan. You might have to get an entirely new fan assembly just to get the resistor, but if you can change that without pulling the entire front clip, it might be worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,285 Posts
I think this video is for a 1.8L. I just watched a video on youtube South Main Auto Channel where he does coolant fan diagnosis for a 1.4. He mentions you have to pull the bumper cover.

If you search Cruze Fog Light installation you'll find plenty of video's on how to remove the front cover.

There are vendors outside of GM directly for fans.. Check Rockauto. Another option might be to see if the electrical resistor can come off the fan. You might have to get an entirely new fan assembly just to get the resistor, but if you can change that without pulling the entire front clip, it might be worth a try.
I was under the impression that the 1.8 and the 1.4 share the same basic system.

EDIT: Funny, this was an alert in my dashboard, yet it shows you replied 10 months ago. What's up with that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts