Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am switching over to the coppers on Friday.. Reason being is I am having major blowout problems @ any gap on NGK's.. 1/2 to 3/4 throttle between 2k and 4k very violent shaking and hesitation.. It will cut out then it almost feels like being hit from behind with big surging, I am down to .025 and still feeling it, would anyone know the part number of the copper plug that I will need?? Also any possible suggestions that would help with the blowout or any ways to stop or prevent it??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
NGK BKR7E is the plug most people are using with great success.

I haven't updated the threads yet, but I recently installed BKR8EIX Iridiums. I am not tuned, and the weather is cold, but so far these are the best feeling plugs yet. That's no endorsement for how they will work with added boost, though...

·
Premium Member
949 Posts

I haven't updated the threads yet, but I recently installed BKR8EIX Iridiums. I am not tuned, and the weather is cold, but so far these are the best feeling plugs yet. That's no endorsement for how they will work with added boost, though...
Thanks for listing the Iridium part number. I've been wondering how that BKR8EIX does in comparison to the BKR7E others are using. When its time to change my plugs, I will probably be going with the BKR8EIX Iridium over the copper plugs, or the stock Iridiums.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I am using and having problems with..

4 NGK BKR7E Iridiums
- barely over 20k on them

This extraordinary insight brought to you from the confines of my iPhone..

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
This is interesting. I"m having a very similar issue and it seems to be getting worse. Only 1K on my new ride. Gapped @ .028". Trifecta tuned.

Edit: Just ordered (4) of the BKR8EIX Iridium. I'll post back if it helps once they're installed.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
WhiteAndBright said:
I am switching over to the coppers on Friday...

...anyone know the part number of the copper plug
WhiteAndBright said:
That's what I am using and having problems with..

4 NGK BKR7E Iridiums
- barely over 20k on them
So you're switching to coppers on Friday, but you've been using them for 20k? Confused!

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
the autolite copper is part number 3923 for our cruzes. Im running those on my cruze with a gap of 0.032 and im tuned. They are much smoother down low and zero spark blow out.
I am also running that same gap on those same plugs, also tuned.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hmm. I was gapped @ .032 prior to tuning. Trifecta told me first thing before flashing, to gap them to .028

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yes they are, but if you will note in my post I said I'm having blowout on the NGK's.. Factory are ACD's..

Post back when you swap yours out and what results you find..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts