Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

correct level on oil dipstick

12212 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  RedChevy
My 1.4T appears to be slightly overfilled from the factory (it is at the top of the top crosshatched area). Is this above full?
The Owners Manual isn't very specific about what the proper full mark is on the dipstick.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
My 1.4T appears to be slightly overfilled from the factory (it is at the top of the top crosshatched area). Is this above full?
The Owners Manual isn't very specific about what the proper full mark is on the dipstick.
You are good. The cross-hatched area is the happy range for the oil level. At the top, but not over, is the spot you want to be.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TSU.....I looked closer at the dipstick and the 'level read' area is approx. 1 inch long with 3 marks 1/4" apart. The bottom 1/4" and top 1/4" are cross-hatched while the middle 1/2" is smooth. I wasn't sure if the 3rd line (end of smooth area)meant Full or the top of the cross-hatched area. I will fill with 4 quarts, start her for a minute, and gradually add the .25 or more (watching not to go over the c-h area).
PS: I plan on using Mobil 1 5w30 for my first OC at approx. 2500 miles.
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.