Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw this picture on Aliexpress.com
Corvette emblem.jpg
Some person had added the Corvette emblem to their cruze.

I want to know how can I do this to my car? I know some people may think it looks really lame, but I think it is supper cool.

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've thought about doing this (because I like the Corvette emblem, not because I want others to think I have a Corvette; so, I wouldn't stick a "V12" sticker on it because it looks lame), and debadging the other emblems.

The tail Chevy emblem at the back is attached using two holes in the trunk; removing the emblem isn't difficult, although you will probably need to remove the inner trunk lining to gain access to the back of the emblem. After that, you just stick the Corvette emblem over the holes.

Personally, I've found the Corvette emblems out there -- including the one stuck on this car -- too small, and rather out of place on the Cruze. I'd recommend looking for one that's closer in size to the original Chevy emblem if you can.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Personally I think its blatant disrespect to the Corvette which could never be confused with the Cruze.

Sent from my DROID3

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Peeps in Asia may be able to get away with it because I doubt any Corvettes make it out there.

Here, you better wear your flame suit daily.

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
I don't really understand what you mean by flame suit, but.....ok
You don't spend a lot of time on the interwebz do you?

For the vette emblem, i'm not completely sure about putting it on a Cruze tbh. As evo77 said, a vette emblem belongs ... ON A VETTE.

As for the "V12", i'm pretty sure it stands for valves, not cylinders. I've seen this badging on numerous cars, especially on an old Cadillac. Because I seriously doubt a stock deville has a 32 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
703 Posts
As for the "V12", i'm pretty sure it stands for valves, not cylinders. I've seen this badging on numerous cars, especially on an old Cadillac. Because I seriously doubt a stock deville has a 32 cylinder engine.
My old Sedan de Ville's mileage would make you reconsider. I believe that beast was powered by a Pratt & Whitney Wasp radial.

To the OP: Why would misidentifying your car as another model be cool? Dude, you drive an economy compact. Be OK with that and don't insult the mighty Vette for the sake of your self-image.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...it's just about as "lame" as hanging a "HEMI™" nameplate on a Dodge Horizon, Neon, or Fiat 500!

·
Registered
125 Posts
You don't spend a lot of time on the interwebz do you?

For the vette emblem, i'm not completely sure about putting it on a Cruze tbh. As evo77 said, a vette emblem belongs ... ON A VETTE.

No, that's the v12 badge that mercedes uses on their v12 cars last generation.
http://www.farm6.staticflickr.com/5108/5755637680_b33ce12aa4_b.jpg

and depending on the year caddy did have a v12, and a v16 for that matter.. in production vehicles.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know some people may think it looks really lame, but I think it is supper cool.

Any help/advice would be great.
You are right about one thing--people will think it is really lame. And people are giving you advice, to not do it because it is really lame, but sounds like that is not what you want to hear anyway. It is your car, and if you think it is cool, go for it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You are right about one thing--people will think it is really lame. And people are giving you advice, to not do it because it is really lame, but sounds like that is not what you want to hear anyway. It is your car, and if you think it is cool, go for it.
Yeah I agree, if you like it, go for it! Just keep that flame suit on when you're driving ... actually not a bad idea if you've had an oil change lately anyways lol. I'm going to put these emblems on instead of the Cruze & Chevy ones Set Of Lovely Cat Car Chrome Badge Emblem Decal Logo Chrome Kit [hello] - $15.99 : Car Parts Lights

·
Registered
11 Posts
Corvette emblem aside, that cruze in the picture looks BAD ASS! I absolutely love the way it looks and how he or she has the rear bumper done up. Not sure why they have a V12 badge on it though....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Corvette emblem aside, that cruze in the picture looks BAD ASS! I absolutely love the way it looks and how he or she has the rear bumper done up. Not sure why they have a V12 badge on it though....
Agreed, I really like the black on white look but the bumper really really really looks good...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts