Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here goes. so i purchased the car 3 weeks ago. with roughly 3000km's on it.

Future Mods

i have a feeling i'll be adding to this

-led strip fog light housings
-spoiler (undecided)
-adding some form of extra cushion to the center console lid
-CAI
-Lowering Springs
-short shifter
-sharkfin antenna
-audio
-projector headlights
-led taillights (undecided might just tint mine)
-switchback LED signal bulbs
-removing chrome door moldings
-borla catback exhaust
-rims

Current Mods

-gm hood edge protector
-5%tint on rear windows
-HID headlights
-black front and rear bowties and marker lights (when it shows up)

here's some pics from today. took about an hour to wire in the HID's. will take some night pics once it's dark out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll snap another picture and point it out for ya. No i'm trying these HID's tonight, if it's as bad as i've read i'll switch back to halogens and retrofit

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
i'll snap another picture and point it out for ya. No i'm trying these HID's tonight, if it's as bad as i've read i'll switch back to halogens and retrofit
Cool, I look forward to seeing it
Yeah, most (if not all) HIDs, without the retrofit, are actually dangerous and/or illegal (unless for off-road only), as they produce too much glare and will blind on coming drivers ;) Just be careful and try them on the garage door, before you go driving with them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the edge guard

Pointing here

Pulled up to this wall, doesn't look bad to me, checked it out sitting in another car and they are bright but aren't blinding I'm going to leave it till I can afford the retrofit

And good news found my overlays in the mailbox when I got home, oh and I installed led license bulbs too today

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
great looking car! love the HID's as well, i certainly love mine! should def add the fogs. keep up the good work! cant wait to see more!

·
Registered
71 Posts
eh, the strip is alright i guess :D

keep up the good work tho.

love the Chevette in the background too! those are awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Looking good - nice list of future mods!

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Here's the edge guard
Nice. I like how it tucks right up against the hood

Pulled up to this wall, doesn't look bad to me, checked it out sitting in another car and they are bright but aren't blinding I'm going to leave it till I can afford the retrofit
I can see a good amount of reflection up high, where it should not be

basically everything above the red line. It is not exact, as I do not have a steady hand, just an estimate ;)
Light Red Automotive lighting Lighting Night

Also, if you look above the bright white, you can see reflection (like light bouncing off water)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair enough, so far I haven't been flashed, and like I said I sat in my buddies chevette with my car pointing towards me and it's not any worse then regular headlights.

Well today I finally got the chrome moldings off the doors and gave it a full hand wax with California gold. She looks alot better now :)

Here's removing tape

And finished product

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
installed my switchback LED signal bulbs today. light up white, change to orange and flash when signal is turned on. had these in my last car and loved it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...ze/7440/7443-60-3528-smd-switchback-pair.html

you'll also need a resistor kit to avoid hyperblinking since the led uses less power the car thinks the bulb is out.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/accessories/led-accessories/resistors/led-resistor-kit.html

Those bulbs are sold everywhere this is just the site I've used for my last 3 cars. You can find them all over eBay. The bulb size is 7443 just search for switchback or multicolor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it's been a long time but i'm back. Been super busy but i have done some work on my car. So i've added a k&n typhoon intake, technostalgia led tails and tinted em, and 18' niche wheels with michelin pilot sport r/s3 tires. next up will be lowering springs then saving up for exhaust. Anyways good to be back ive got some build
threads to go through :D Here's some recent pics

1 - 20 of 25 Posts