Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a message 85 miles to 65 mph max service exhaust fluid system. 166000 miles and been trouble free other than a EGR valve around 52000 miles . So of to the dealer see what they say the diagnosis is.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
That's the worst feature of the diesel emissions issue "countdown to death". Keep us posted, hoping for something simple.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I stop at the supermarket come back out start the car and the message is gone after it was down to 21 miles to 65 max speed. Still going to drop it off at dealer and see if it stored a code. I drive almost 200 miles a day , dont need it to pop back up and cant make it home Tuesday

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Well I stop at the supermarket come back out start the car and the message is gone after it was down to 21 miles to 65 max speed. Still going to drop it off at dealer and see if it stored a code. I drive almost 200 miles a day , dont need it to pop back up and cant make it home Tuesday
Timing sucks, is your dealer open Labor Day?

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is what happened to me when my NOx sensor went. Warning light, countdown, then it went away. The code stayed in the computer though.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Got a message 85 miles to 65 mph max service exhaust fluid system. 166000 miles and been trouble free other than a EGR valve around 52000 miles . So of to the dealer see what they say the diagnosis is.
same message an countdown for me an ended up being exh. temp sensor #2............that message is somewhat generic for several problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It is most likely the def tank heater, is now on recall for 10 years 120,000 miles. They replace the whole tank. I would go to Auto Zone to read the codes,then if out of warranty repalce it myself.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My car didn't go into count down when the DEF heater went. Just threw a checklight.

It is most likely the def tank heater, is now on recall for 10 years 120,000 miles. They replace the whole tank. I would go to Auto Zone to read the codes,then if out of warranty repalce it myself.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's out of warranty, I'm punished for driving the car. It's at 166000 miles, was at 150000 when I got the generic recall 10 years or 120000 miles. So everyone else is covered except maybe about 10 people.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
It's out of warranty, I'm punished for driving the car. It's at 166000 miles, was at 150000 when I got the generic recall 10 years or 120000 miles. So everyone else is covered except maybe about 10 people.
There's been a lot of speculation here...which part did it ultimately turn out to be?

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well here it is new DEF tank because of heater failure, no 2 sensor bad 1300.00 to fix both. Both GM will fix both if I was under 120000 miles so Ive made a call to GM see what happens

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Ouch, hope gm kicks some in...

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Hmmm, fix DEF...$1300
Delete and tune...$1xxx
Buy a used tank from somebody who deleted...$xxx?
Or, maybe GM will step up and say "we're sorry those tank heaters were defective"...

Definitely don't buy a new one with your own money, I found five "Exhaust Fluid Tanks" on Car-Part.com for $100-219.
There's one in Toledo for $175:
Exhaust Fluid Tank
Chevy Cruze
DIESAL EMISSION REDUCTION FLUILD BOTTLE(BLUE STUFF),W/PUMPAW00120$175Westwood Auto And Truck Parts MIDW USA-OH(Toledo) Request_Quote 800-720-1116 / 419-535-1116 Request_Insurance_Quote

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.