Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought I'd see the day- though they give it a bit begrudgingly-

"Compact car: The Ford Focus SE, with the SFE ("Super Fuel Economy") package, scored really well in our tests, but first-year reliability has been lousy. That makes our pick the Chevrolet Cruze Eco, a well-finished car that's a benchmark of quietness in this class. First-year Cruze reliability issues have been worked out. The Dodge Dart doesn't score close, with its impressive ride and handling sabotaged by lackluster powertrains and uncomfortable front seats."

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The folks at CR nust be choking on their own bile.

I didn't think thay knew how to use (or spell) the word 'Chevrolet' in a sentence let alone say anything positive about any domestic automobile.

Unfortunatly, based on their past blunders/jaded opinions, I cannot take their high praise of anything seriously.

Besides, I already knew this was a well designed and assembled vehicle before they even got near it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Nice to hear from CR - but then we ECO owners have always known that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
And there were no American cars listed in the overall TOP Picks list. EXTREMELY biased!!

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Didn't anyone read where they also said that the Eco is the most expensive compact to own over 5 years at $37,000? What pisses me off is that they are still testing the Eco with the auto trans. Talk about STUPID................

·
Registered
713 Posts
While they mention it wins in the American car lineup, of course they gave the 'budget car' of the year award to the Elantra...somehow...

Sorry, the Elantra is OK, but...no...
The Elantra is cheaper, a lot cheaper and to many a better value.

Surprised CR says first year reliability issues have been worked out. Maybe they are just referring to the Auto shifting

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,784 Posts
The Elantra is cheaper, a lot cheaper and to many a better value.

Surprised CR says first year reliability issues have been worked out. Maybe they are just referring to the Auto shifting
Than an LS? Nope...I'd take the LS. Surprisingly a lot of car for the money, even if the engine is weak compared to a Civic.

The Elantra doesn't feel like it has the 148 hp they claim (Cruze is faster AND heavier), nor does the Sonata feel like it has 197 (Camry/Accord are much peppier). I think they over-inflate their claims like they did the MPG.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Than an LS? Nope...I'd take the LS. Surprisingly a lot of car for the money, even if the engine is weak compared to a Civic.

The Elantra doesn't feel like it has the 148 hp they claim (Cruze is faster AND heavier), nor does the Sonata feel like it has 197 (Camry/Accord are much peppier). I think they over-inflate their claims like they did the MPG.
The 1.8L will never garner a top pick for the LS Model. It's just a bad engine

·
Registered
143 Posts
The 1.8L will never garner a top pick for the LS Model. It's just a bad engine
I had an LS with MT as a loaner for two days a while back, and it seemed fine to me. Not as fun as the 1.4t, but for the money, I would have been happy with an LS. Are there reliability problems that warrant calling the 1.8 a bad engine?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,784 Posts
I had an LS with MT as a loaner for two days a while back, and it seemed fine to me. Not as fun as the 1.4t, but for the money, I would have been happy with an LS. Are there reliability problems that warrant calling the 1.8 a bad engine?
Not really. If anything, the 1.8's on the forum are proving to be the most reliable.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
CR probably picked the Elantra because it's an automatic. CR doesn't like manuals. As for the 1.8, it's a good engine when hooked to a manual transmission.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not reliability, just behavior with the auto and low torque, not to mention it has a timing belt (every other GM engine uses a timing chain)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.