Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't say I have ever put much faith into Consumer Reports, but they call out the Camaro and Cruze specifically in this article:

Yahoo!

Anyone know what they received such bad marks on to get that score? Is it specific to an engine/model or the car as a whole?

On a side note, I can't believe Audi is #4...I have never met an owner with a VW/Audi that doesn't visit the shop a few times a year. My coworker drives a 2011 A4 and seems like he's in a rental once a month...

I'm hoping that my new CTD will be the exception to this "pattern".

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Besides CR being complete idiots. The problem is that their reliability scores don't show progress. There were some known issues with the 2011s and that has killed Cruze's overall reliability numbers. Just my opinion, feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Has anyone done a review for their car besides here? How many people found this forum only when something broke vs share common interest in this car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I did one on KBB.com for my 2011 a couple years ago. It would be interesting to do a poll to see how people got to this forum, but I would think the results would be skewed as I would guess many of the folks who show up only because of a problem don't hang around.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
CR sends out a survey to it's readers. Now, there might be something to this, but if you spent 80k on your Audi S7, and took it to the dealer for a week last year, I am going to bet that it gets better marks than somebody that spent 18k on a Chevy that spent the same amount of time at a dealer.

As with all surveys, got to take it with a grain of salt...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Just looked at a consumer review this past weekend and they gave the cruze a recommended buy rating. The only bad marks the cruze got was the 2011 engine cooling. Which is the one I have by the way and I just got a new water pump this past October and my coolant level hasn't budged so hopefully that will be the end of the coolant issue. Other than that the car has been fine. I wish they didn't do the belly pan fix. They should redesign the belly pan IMO.

One comment I have to say is this car is great in snow. I just drove in a storm picking up my daughter and I have all the confidence in the world with this car in the snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts