Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has happened twice already that I noticed...
I am waiting at a light and the speedometer goes up very violently.... radio volume even goes up (speed compensation) while I am nearly stopped...
last for about a second and then back to normal. Anyone else? what was the fix?

·
Registered
389 Posts
VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor)

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has done this 4 times already. I am affraid if I take it to the dealer, they will just keep it for the day and return it to me with "No Fault Found" :(

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
775 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine has done this 4 times already. I am affraid if I take it to the dealer, they will just keep it for the day and return it to me with "No Fault Found" :(

Really? I don't know... being afraid they won't find the issue is sort of a poor reason to not get it checked out... esp. if you're still under warranty...

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
775 Posts
Really? I don't know... being afraid they won't find the issue is sort of a poor reason to not get it checked out... esp. if you're still under warranty...
I agree.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mines has happen as well only a couple of times and I have the 1.8. I think all models have that problem or at least some I'm going to the dealer to check it out. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having this problem, too. Twice now that I know of it. Unfortunately, I moved across country and had to take my car to a different dealership than where I bought it. I'm not getting much help from this new dealer, since they didn't find any codes and it didn't happen when the tech was driving it. I have an ECO 6 speed manual. Any word on fixes or things to look for? The dealer was pretty adamant that they "can't" go looking for a problem without finding codes or the tech witnessing it. I told them some of the things I read in these forums. I feel stuck and frankly am worried about whether the speedometer is functioning properly or whether this is a symptom of something bigger.

One other thing I did was report it to the NHTSA (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm). Maybe if we all report it we can get some attention with Chevrolet.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
There is a TSB for dirty wheel speed sensors. I have seen it on GMTechlink. The wheel sensors are not toothed rings like on earlier cars, but they are rings of segmented magnets inside a hub carrier. Appearantly they can get coated with dirt and lose their effectiveness. I wonder if this is causing the random surge in speed indication?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts