Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Crazy vibration in car above 100km/hr (65mph)

5200 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ChevyGuy
Hey all,

So today I was driving home on the highway and noticed very substantial vibrations/shaking in the car. Namely in the seats (not so much in the steering wheel). What is the likely cause of this? Side note: I has having some fun in a parking lot the other night and my back end passenger side hit a snow bank. There was zero cosmetic damage but I'm worried this may be the cause of the vibration/shaking. My guess is that maybe the tires are out of alignment? Just wanted to see if any others have faced this issue or had better insight as to what it may be. I'm really hoping that the rear axle didn't get messed up by the snow bank (hit at maybe 8-10ish km/h).

Thank you for any help/advice,
Antunica
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Make sure you didn't get a bunch of snow packed in your wheel on one side. I've had that happened before and it will give a terrible vibration. Easy to diagnose and easy to fix! - - Assuming you didn't bend a wheel or something.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
^^^ Agreed. Snow in the wheels will throw off the balance and make for annoying vibrations.

· Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Had snow on my front wheel around week ago Friday. Lots of vibration above 40 mph. Then it melted off - all good.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
If getting any snow & ice melted off your wheels doesn't fix the problem have your tires spin balanced. It's possible you lost a balance tab.

· Premium Member
7,545 Posts
There's a possibility that the tire has a problem. Perhaps a lump. But check the other things first. I'm just saying that to complete the list of possibilities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.